embed in facebook...

harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
what's cookin,

hey chefs, has anyone ebed a game on facebook yet? i did it successfully with my long defunct tumblr page and it worked perfectly. but i don't have a facebook page. please don't crucify me. i'm just not that into the whole social, "friend" amassing thing. so i'm going to have to explain it to someone else who has an account.

any help would be appreciated.

noodles...

Comments

• sdparduesdpardue Member Posts: 110
    harrio,

it's super easy. have your friend go to your game on gamesalad.com, click on the FaceBook link (right-hand side), enter their FaceBook login information, write a little blurb about the game (as in, you'll have to download a plug-in, it's for Intel/Mac OS X10.5 and up, Safari-only), press the button and you're done!

steve
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

hey sdpardue, i believe that is for sharing the link to the game. i want to actually embed the game, like i did with my tumblr page. is that possible?

noodles...
    that's even easier!

go to your game on gamesalad.com,
    click the Embed link on the top menu bar,
    select the size you want your game to appear,
    then copy the generated HTML, and
    paste it into your webpage. (there's a copy to clipboard link to make it easy)

hope this helps,

steve
    what's cookin,

yeah...i know that part. i just don't know where to tell my friend to put or paste the 'embed' code on his facebook page, so he can play the game.

noodles...
    interesting...

well, i tried out the facebook connection to a quick experiment i uploaded to gamesalad.com.

from facebook, i pasted the embed code in my status window. doesn't work. at all.

next, i tried pasting the URL to my game: http://gamesalad.com/game/play/24165. that gave me a nicely formatted status entry, with a thumbnail of the game, a few lines of the description, etc. just what you'd expect from facebook by pasting the URL of any other webpage. BUT... for some reason facebook thinks it's a video file, and places the triangular play button over the pic. when you click on the button/pic, nothing... just bumps a little extra space on the page to accommodate the "movie" it thinks it's going to run. ugh!

so, you have to ignore the picture, and click on the link. this opens up a new browser window that takes you to your game's page on gamesalad.com.

not as elegant as i expected... at least, this is how it worked for me. ymmv.
    what's cookin,

yeah, i was hoping for better as well. i placed the code on my tumblr page and the game loads and plays right inside the page. which is cool. i thought facebook would work the same. i don't really care for the link approach. i could just send that in an email.

noodles...