Help please: Actors do not appear on preview

I've just downloaded Game Salad for Windows and created my first actor. When dragging it to the editor screen, it appears normally (btw, option "Visible" is checked).

However, when I go to preview screen nothing shows up. Could you please help me with this issue? I've already checked similar issues in this forum but none of them solved my problem.

Thank you!

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Try changing the colour to red or green, just to see.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• gds1992gds1992 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2015

The curious thing is that I just realized that not even the background is showing on preview.

I've changed the actor color to red now and when I click "preview" the only thing I get is a gray screen, without anything.

I suggest you update your graphic card drivers and check you have all the microsoft redistributable installed. Whats the spec of your PC/laptop?

It's a Windows 7 laptop, 32 bits.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what microsoft redistributable is. Do you have the installation link?

google it, then download the latest ones. theres a few. GS uses one and it may/not have installed. Check in your programs to see what you do currently have installed

edited February 2015

I think I already have it. When I entered Control Panel, I observed that there was a "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219", installed yesterday, just when I downloaded Game Salad Creator.