Questions about uploading game

JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I would like to upload my game to GameSalad , but first I have some questions. This is a game that I made for the IPhone. I’m waiting for the viewer to be available thru the app store so I can test and tweak. Yes I know if I get the Indie I can test it (I don’t like to spend $500 to test someone product). If you are someone who has the viewer, I would like to know if you think I will have problems moving the game to the IPhone (When/if I upload it to GameSalad). OK, here are the questions.

If I upload my game on the GameSalad website does this give GameSalad the right to use my game without my permission?

Does it give GameSalad or anyone else access to the source code?

Can I remove it whenever I want?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,068
    GameSalad's resident IP "policy" guy (aka, the guy who happens to be in charge of talking with our lawyers)...

To answer your question bluntly, yes, the terms give us the ability to use your games without permission. Keep reading, it's not meant to be evil.

1) You retain copyright ownership over the game.
    2) The terms give us and others the ability to share your games on the internet.
    3) They also give us the ability to promote ourselves (and you) using your game.
    4) If we use your game in a way you don't like, let us know and we'll make a best effort to comply with your wishes.
    5) As a policy we will never sell or represent your games as our own.
    6) Games uploaded specifically for iPhone app generation are NOT going to be exposed to the public and are under a more restrictive license (we have the rights to process it, give it back to you, and view them for support purposes... but we can't share them with anyone outside the company).

You must explicitly check an option when you upload a game to give people permission to access the source.

You can remove a game by hiding it from everyone but yourself. Full removal will come at some point (it should be easy to implement, but it's not... don't ask... my bad).

I hope that answers your questions, back my regularly schedule web programming...
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Thanks for the answers.