What Resolution should a game be made at to go on Google Play or Amazon?

rab127rab127 Member, PRO Posts: 47

Hi

Have reviewed the forms but still feeling a bit confused about what resolution a game should be built at for each device. Started building a game using the Iphone 3 (4:3) now I want to make an android version of it. It tests on the Android using letter box because the aspect ratio of the iphone is different. If I want a game to go on Iphone 4/5/6, Ipad then onto Android devices is there a list of what resolution each version of the game should be.

I am fishing for what is the most efficient way to make a master version of my game then port it to the Andriod and Apple world. What resolution should my master version be?

Comments

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682
    edited February 2015

For publishing on Android I have been using Nook setting 600x1024 and it looks good on most of the devices I have tested with. I would also like to hear others decision making in terms of resolution and Google Play etc...

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Build as an iPad build and look into universal binary. This will allow you to build one project to work on all devices. Just do a search and you will find plenty of posts.