Do I need to press "publish" every time I want to test ad hoc?

kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11
edited February 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

Hi all,
I'm new using this platform, and I was wondering whether I need to publish a game to the GS website, generate a APK, and download/sign the APK every time I want to test my game ad hoc?

Or can I simply made the modifications in the GS program, use a previously generate an APK, sign it and upload to my phone?

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@kpluong said:
    Hi all,
    I'm new using this platform, and I was wondering whether I need to publish a game to the GS website, generate a APK, and download/sign the APK every time I want to test my game ad hoc?

Yes

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

Is there any quicker way than that? It takes forever to upload and generate an APK for minor tweeks.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

I would just use gamesalad's preview for minor tweaks, and the adhoc to do performance / unit testing every so often.

• kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

Well I am happy with how the game runs. The main problem right now is that the screen won't display the game correctly. I've used a variety of tips that was posted on previous forums, but it takes so long to prepare the game for the phone to see if the tips work.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@kpluong said:
    Well I am happy with how the game runs. The main problem right now is that the screen won't display the game correctly. I've used a variety of tips that was posted on previous forums, but it takes so long to prepare the game for the phone to see if the tips work.

That is very much dependent on what internet connection you have.
    For me it's a fast process even for bigger projects (100/100mbit) so it's an issue on your end and not caused by the GS publishing server.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@kpluong said:

Well unfortunately that is actually the only way to test device level stuff.