Help...Word game templates or tutorials needed.

Hi, I'm new to GameSalad & wanting to create a game in the same vain as scrabble but with a twist, I don't really know where to start? Is there a template or tutorial available? Or does the lack of them suggest that it is a fairly hard game to produce, I've found a few word type templates but they don't really suit my needs. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited February 2015

Word games are something that the structure of GameSalad (tables and text string functions in particular) supports well.

Check GSHelper.com and DeepBlueApps.com. Both sites have quality templates that include word games.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• DoctokDoctok Member Posts: 6

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the suggested websites don't have a suitable template for a scrabble type game, I may purchase the boggle clone to practise with but I really want to make a scrabble mashup.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Making scrabble with GS is going to be hard. I think it's definitely possible, but the amount of logic needed to create it would be extensive. Make sure you have a good understanding of the engine and perhaps you will be able to work it out. I hope you do!

• DoctokDoctok Member Posts: 6

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Making scrabble with GS is going to be hard. I think it's definitely possible, but the amount of logic needed to create it would be extensive. Make sure you have a good understanding of the engine and perhaps you will be able to work it out. I hope you do!

I had a feeling it might be a challenge, I think I'll do something a little easier to begin with & tackle scrabble when I have a greater understanding of the engine. Thanks.