image "shrinking"

cgalianocgaliano Member, PRO Posts: 21

Hi, i am new to this so any help would be appreciated... i would like to have an actor with an image of a spring that shrinks as it is being pulled down with a finger or mouse drag and then goes back to normal when the mouse is released. Do I have to create different images for every possible position of the finger/mouse in order to simulate the response of the spring?
Thanks!

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@cgaliano said:
    Hi, i am new to this so any help would be appreciated... i would like to have an actor with an image of a spring that shrinks as it is being pulled down with a finger or mouse drag and then goes back to normal when the mouse is released. Do I have to create different images for every possible position of the finger/mouse in order to simulate the response of the spring?
    Thanks!

You can create a different images for each position or you can simply squash the image, both are possible.

Attached is a quick example file of a spring movement, it's a little rough around the edges but it should give you some ideas.

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881

No cos or sin where hurt during the recording of this video (sorry @cgaliano this is an ongoing joke)

• cgalianocgaliano Member, PRO Posts: 21

Haha, thanks guys. I will definitely try the suggestion, @Socks . And I am glad that both cos and sin are ok whatever it could have happened to them.

• cgalianocgaliano Member, PRO Posts: 21

Hi @Socks, I cannot open your gamesalad file, says that it was created in a newer version than my software. I am on version 0.10.5 which I think it's the latest. Is it maybe because I am on a PC and your program was developed on a MAC?

@cgaliano said:
    Hi Socks, I cannot open your game salad file . . .

Here are the rules . . . .

@LumpApps said:
    No cos or sin where hurt during the recording of this video (sorry cgaliano this is an ongoing joke)

:smile: