Release Candidate 0.13.5 - Fire TV and Gamepad Support

2»

Comments

• Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460

@jonmulcahy,

How do the controls on the game controller translate to the ones on the remote?

Cheers

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Fal01 said:
    jonmulcahy,

How do the controls on the game controller translate to the ones on the remote?

Cheers

The outer ring is the D-Pad. Middle button is A. The menu/select button (3 stacked lines) is START.

• Fal01Fal01 Member Posts: 460

@jonmulcahy said:
    The outer ring is the D-Pad. Middle button is A. The menu/select button (3 stacked lines) is START.

Thanks for that!

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Just got my Amazon Fire TV box today... Can't wait to see how many game looks on a 70 inch TV.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

What drivers and so on do people use to hook up a 360 or ps3 Control to a mac

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

@freneticz said:

drivers??? I just plugged into my Mac and Play :)
    No drivers installation on my end

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    edited February 2015

@freneticz said:

If you are using a Xbox 360 "wireless" controller then see below:
    I think if you are using a Xbox 360 "wired" controller it may work without any drivers.

BTW - http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver for
    For "XBox 360 Wireless" did not work on Yosemite.

I did find https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases updated Beta 0.14 for Yosemite that is working for me on Yosemite.

• vonhankvonhank Member Posts: 19

@BlackCloakGS said:
    we will be writting up tomorrow and it will be released with the stable build. Also the next monthly GameSalad meet up will be all about how to use joysticks.

When is next stable build planned to be released? If possible, would be nice to have some timetable because i have really hard times to decide should i try with current RC or wait for stable.

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@vonhank said:
    When is next stable build planned to be released? If possible, would be nice to have some timetable because i have really hard times to decide should i try with current RC or wait for stable.

Just use RC if you would like. You can always port it to the stable release when it comes out.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Very soon ( hours or mins) and you should wait for the stable there is a crash fix that is not in the RC

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

BUG? - What am I doing wrong? I imagine its me, but I'm running 13.5 and after I open a project I usually get about 5-8 modifications of actors and it starts getting so incredibly slow- with the spinning wheel- that I'm waiting 2-3 minutes. I have tried not using back button and returning to scene from home button. maybe helps a little bit but does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong. It is a Pro membership and using Macbook air.

• GSgames32GSgames32 Member Posts: 19

I need some help with the gamepad controls until I get a gamepad to test with - if I say "when Gamepad button A, Contains 1 - change scene" for example. Will that will work?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@theazlowes said:
    BUG? - What am I doing wrong? I imagine its me, but I'm running 13.5 and after I open a project I usually get about 5-8 modifications of actors and it starts getting so incredibly slow- with the spinning wheel- that I'm waiting 2-3 minutes. I have tried not using back button and returning to scene from home button. maybe helps a little bit but does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong. It is a Pro membership and using Macbook air.

it's a memory leak in the creator, if I recall they are looking at it, but they had to get previous bugs/features they were focused on out the door before they could start looking at it, if they keep jumping around, nothing ever gets released.

it's bad, it's a pain. it's almost as bad as it was a few years ago, but not quite :) Back then I was saving and reopening every 2 minutes. Now it's about every 5-10 depending on how often I'm switching scenes or actors.

Hopefully it gets resolved in the next few weeks, until then live by our old adage. save and quit when it starts to slow down. and just to be safe, every hour do a 'save as' and make a new backup of your project. Many of us have had projects get corrupted, although I have not heard of this happening in awhile. still an old habit.