Amazon Fire TV Promotion! Free months of PRO and over $1000 in cash prizes.

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited March 2015

You can connect FireTv remote to the Mac but it connects as a bluetooth keyboard not a joystick.

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505

@BlackCloakGS okay I understand now. Though I'm still getting this error when trying to sideload to the fire tv:
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

edited March 2015

Try installing the viewer. The error means the app you are side loading was not signed correctly.

edited March 2015

Ignore this. It started working

I installed the viewer but when I press "Preview on Android" it says could not resolve device address. This also happens when using my android phone when it's not connected to USB.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    The error means the app you are side loading was not signed correctly.

So am I supposed to install the signed apk? The unsigned apk uploaded okay when I submitted my other apps directly to amazon.

@jonmulcahy said:

you install the signed apk

when I try the signed apk I get this error: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
    Though it definitely does not exist because I haven't put it there before and it's nowhere in the manage all apps page

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@blue_elephant said:
    Though it definitely does not exist because I haven't put it there before and it's nowhere in the manage all apps page

run the uninstall command using the package name: something like com.wwwww.kdkdkdkd, whatever you used on the publishing page

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

Ummm. I just now read where you you submit the signed APK. I submitted the UNsigned APK. It was accepted just a bit ago. Should I be worried? What will the difference be?

@AJaymz That's correct you submit the unsigned apk to amazon. The signed apk is for testing directly to the Fire TV/android.

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

@blue_elephant Thanks for confirming.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@blue_elephant said:
    AJaymz That's correct you submit the unsigned apk to amazon. The signed apk is for testing directly to the Fire TV/android.

it must not matter as I always submit the signed one to amazon. have done so for the 20 apps I've released.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@jonmulcahy said:
    it must not matter as I always submit the signed one to amazon. have done so for the 20 apps I've released.

The reason for submitting the unsigned apk is for security purposes, amazon signs it themselves and put their DRM to help against piracy.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    edited March 2015

If you submit more than 1 app is it possible to win more than one prize since it is a random drawing?

I have a question to the community. What should we map the fast forward, rewind and play/pause buttons to?

I stared a poll please vote on what you want the buttons to be

We just pushed new binaries that fix the sound not pausing on hibernate. Please regenerate you apps on 0.13.7 to take advantage of the update.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

So, I submitted my app last night for the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick and woke up this morning and was surprised to see that it was approved in under 6 hours! Did a port of "Little Viking: Dungeon Of Doom" to Amazon. Took about a week to port it and fix and change things and make it run right! Lots of testing went into this as well!

amazon.com/gp/product/B00UWDXZ5M

• YonipmYonipm SpainMember, PRO Posts: 65

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    So, I submitted my app last night for the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick and woke up this morning and was surprised to see that it was approved in under 6 hours! Did a port of "Little Viking: Dungeon Of Doom" to Amazon. Took about a week to port it and fix and change things and make it run right! Lots of testing went into this as well!

amazon.com/gp/product/B00UWDXZ5M

oh !! I just did the same conversion of that game ... same. I had thought uploading these days.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

... And so it begins....

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2015

TOO MANY BUGS in this release :(

having too much trouble for this one month fire tv promo to be worth my time, which I'm really gutted about to be honest.

main bugs are collision rules causing the screen to flicker when tested on the fire tv, doesn't happen in the creator or iOS etc! so annoying I'm just going to have to give up!

:(

"EDIT:

my faith is restored haha for some reason having an actor spawn a display text and a 2nd display text command which displays the score also was causing the flicker!! crazy... crazy game salad!

anyways ill carry on as normal now, using 12.20 mind!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Just keeping my fingers crossed for full fire tv remote support before the competition ends!

Not sure that will happen you can always push with just supporting the gamepad and then when we push the update you can update your app.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

@BlackCloakGS or @dgackey, I noticed a small issue with the Sweepstakes Period. In the official rules for the promotion it says, "All online entries must be received by March 30, 2015 11:59PM EST." but in the publishing section under the incentives tab it says, "End Date: March 28, 2015"

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@KillerPenguinStudios Dan informs me that the later date will take precedence :)

• BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374

Will the winners get posted here?

• muusimuusi Member, PRO Posts: 111
    edited March 2015

@Yonipm said:
    oh !! I just did the same conversion of that game ... same. I had thought uploading these days.

Oh that's a bummer :/
    I was planning to make the same conversion. DBA makes great games, templates and GS apps. I am just waiting from them a iPad to fire TV converter to come out :smiley: That would be great.

• HRochaHRocha PortugalMember Posts: 5

When can we expect the free months of PRO to be assigned to our accounts?

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Free months have been credited and sweepstakes winners have been chosen!

Thanks to everyone who participated! You guys ROCKED it!

http://www.gamesalad.com/blog/gamesalad-firetv-promotion-sweepstakes-winners

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• James RauhutJames Rauhut Member Posts: 4

@dgackey said:
    Free months have been credited and sweepstakes winners have been chosen!

Thanks to everyone who participated! You guys ROCKED it!

http://www.gamesalad.com/blog/gamesalad-firetv-promotion-sweepstakes-winners

But I haven't received my free month? I have the app submitted in the promotion and you can easily find Pizza Party Tour on Amazon.