How to add score and high score to game over screen

Hi I have added a score counter to the main game, but I wanted to know how to add the score and high score to the game over screen.

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Game attributes are available on any scene so make sure your score and high score attributes are game attributes, not scene or actor attributes. There are many tutorials for this sort of thing so start by Googling gamesalad high score.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• TheTigerTheTiger Member Posts: 53

@tatiang said:
    Game attributes are available on any scene so make sure your score and high score attributes are game attributes, not scene or actor attributes. There are many tutorials for this sort of thing so start by Googling _gamesalad high score

I tried to search for it but I can't really find anything. i tried in the high score actor.
    Display text- game.score

Rule-
    If game.score > game.high score
    Change attribute game.highscore to game.score
    Save attribute - game.highscore as high score

Where would I need to put the load attribute, because I only want the high score to come on the game over screen and what would I put in the load attribute?

Thanks.

@Braydon_SFX

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@TheTiger said:
    Braydon_SFX

This is the first result when Googling gamesalad high score:

Clicking on the Videos tab shows 62,800 results.

The Load Attribute behavior usually would be on an initial title/menu screen and not inside of a rule.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ottophobiaottophobia Member Posts: 7

I am having some trouble with keeping my HIGHSCORE accurate. It loads and displays and saves it in the game but it is sometimes, but not always, inaccurate?! Just doesn't make sense why sometimes it is right and sometimes it is wrong. Can anybody please help?

Thanks!!

• dapiondapion Member, PRO Posts: 353

Hey,
    I would say...use tables for your higscore/scores/stars what you want.
    It's the better and when you have a bigger project the easy/clean way.