Joysticks FireTV Monthly GameSalad Meetup Thursday March 5 at 7pm CST (01:00 GMT) - Joysticks

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited March 2015 in Conferences and Events

Come learn about GameSalad and meet other GameSalad creators. Chat with some of the developers behind GameSalad, including GameSalad's own Jonathan Samn (better known to some of you as CodeMonkey), Alan Uthoff (a.k.a. BlackCloakGS), Tan Tran (a.k.a. adent42)

Topic Alan Uthoff (BlackCloakGS) will presenting a talk about how to use Joystick in GameSalad with the new 0.13.6 build

If you can't join us in person, join us online

Comments

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

Sweet I will be there!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BlackCloakGS Hello. I've been online for 15 minutes waiting for today's Webinar to begin? I just checked both reminder emails from GameSalad Bowlboy, today's and yesterday's, and they both say March 3rd 7.00pm!

However I notice now that the thread title above says March 5th. :# ![]

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@PhilipCC said:
    BlackCloakGS Hello. I've been online for 15 minutes waiting for today's Webinar to begin? I just checked both reminder emails from GameSalad Bowlboy, today's and yesterday's, and they both say March 3rd 7.00pm!

However I notice now that the thread title above says March 5th. :# ![]

It also says Thursday on their Facebook page.

edited March 2015

@Braydon_SFX said:
    It also says Thursday on their Facebook page.

Ha! I've never been to the Facebook page. It takes long enough each day to keep up with the forum alone. :)

I also sent an email on Feb 24th to gotomeeting@gamesalad.com which said:

"Go to Webinar’s system is pumping out multiples of the Webinar invitation.

Aside of this one, which is wrong for March anyway, I also got repeats of Nov, Dec and Jan all at 10.12am my time, AU Central.

This happened last month too.

Kind Regards,

Philip. (PhilipCC)"

I think there may be a problem with GoToWebinar's system?

Should I add it to the Bug List?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,318

I've had a few emails telling me it's starting tonight, but they clearly intend for it to start tomorrow :D

@Armelline Clickbank has a Webinar that starts in 5 mins if you are bored. ;)

@PhilipCC said:
    Armelline Clickbank has a Webinar that starts in 5 mins if you are bored. ;)

I keep getting emails telling me I'm a panelist on the webinar tonight, so perhaps I should just host one where I talk about my guinea pigs for 2 hours!

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

o sorry Armelline I forgot to take you off from last month sorry. Will fix that tonight, and the meetup is March 5.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@PhilipCC said:
    Armelline Clickbank has a Webinar that starts in 5 mins if you are bored. ;)

They will teach you how to spam in order to sell miracle cures and fat burning secrets.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@BlackCloakGS said:
    o sorry Armelline I forgot to take you off from last month sorry. Will fix that tonight, and the meetup is March 5.

I'll take that as a no to the guinea pigs then :(

:wink:

Ok fix the issue you will need to re-register for the meetup tomorrow.

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803

Just a heads up, we have freezing weather here for the next day or so. So the in person part of the meetup may be switched to online only.

The weather looks to have cleared up and we will be having the in person meetup as well as the online on.

reminder meeting in one hour.

Im gonna be missing the second half of the meeting. Hopefully someone records it.

Staring now

Here are my slides from the presentation.

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

I was not able to make it due to home issues. Were you guys able to record it by chance @BlackCloakGS???

@KillerPenguinStudios I did . We post the video as soon as @ForumNinja gets the video up on you tube.

Here is the insect intruder template with joystick support

edited March 2015

Thank you.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

Sorry I missed the meetUp. Thank you for posting the video @scottharrrules43 !

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

@scottharrrules43 Yes, thanks for the video. This is the first time that I missed a Meetup and it was probably one of the most interesting along with Armelline's from last month.

• imacgsimacgs Member, PRO Posts: 9

Confused, I'm looking at the air ship defenders example joystick project and all the controller attrabutes are for dpad but yet it only works on the left joystick with my xbox controller and the dpad does not work at all.
    Why is this?

I was trying to figure out how to make it use the joystick and make angle movements!

edited March 2015

deleted

• AidenolfertAidenolfert Member Posts: 2

@BlackCloakGS I'm having problems with GS and viewer in 13.7 it is stuck on loading and will just go on to crash any tips? :s

Here is video. YouTube like is not working. Here is drive.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5swSg-cH4L6Rk9PS0VrM1NfN2s/edit?usp=docslist_api

@Lovejoy said:
    They will teach you how to spam in order to sell miracle cures and fat burning secrets.

Somehow I overlooked you reply... ha, ha, hah!

I know, that's what I sell off my Website. :D You can't live off of games, at least not until 0.13.xx is fixed and you can publish some.

I'm just catching up on the Amazon Fire TV stuff now, but one thing I've not seen - if it's explained somewhere please point me to it! Regarding the Fire TV remote:

Do we get access to the back/foward (rewind/fast forward) buttons? If so, what do they map to? Or are we limited to 6 buttons on the Fire remote?

You do not get access to the back, forward, rewind , home , or play/pause buttons. I would like to map the froward , rewind and play/pause button but I don't know what to map then to. Do you guys have any suggestions?