communicating actors/collision/touch issues

In the making of a guitar hero alike game we have come upon a specific problem. The concept is based on classic guitar hero games, where you have falling notes from the top which have to collide/overlap with a given line somewhere at the lower part of the screen.

Therefore there are two actors: a note actor, as well as a line actor. When these two collide/overlap you have to click a third actor, button that matches with the note. However I can't seem to figure out how to connect these actors through rules. When the note actor and the line actor collide it should by some way enable the third actor so you can click it, thus get a point, as well as the note actor should disappear.

Looking forward to a reply.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@ronn7 said:
    In the making of a guitar hero alike game we have come upon a specific problem. The concept is based on classic guitar hero games, where you have falling notes from the top which have to collide/overlap with a given line somewhere at the lower part of the screen.

Therefore there are two actors: a note actor, as well as a line actor. When these two collide/overlap you have to click a third actor, button that matches with the note. However I can't seem to figure out how to connect these actors through rules. When the note actor and the line actor collide it should by some way enable the third actor so you can click it, thus get a point, as well as the note actor should disappear.

Looking forward to a reply.

Stick an actor ('touch area') in the place where the note hits the line, with the rule that says when touch is pressed AND is colliding or overlapping with the note actor then add some points.

In the note actor - when touch is pressed and is colliding or overlapping with the 'touch area' actor destroy actor.

• funnycream0000funnycream0000 Member Posts: 2

Hello, I am making a similar game and I did what you said however nothing seems to happen. I don't really know why.