Introducing Frantic Five! Seeking Beta Testers!

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
edited February 2015 in Announce Your Game!

Hey everyone!

I'm super excited to share the project I've been working on for such a long time. It'll be 2 years next month. This game started out as just a quick word game that I wanted to make. I was going to do the art myself and finish it over a weekend. However, after seeing its potential and my increasing excitement, I decided to make this the best game that I could. Thus, I needed an excellent artist and an amazing composer. Who better qualified than @SpriteAttack and Ben Reason. Together, I think we've built a top notch game and we hope you think so as well.

I also need to give a huge thank you to the GameSalad team ( @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard and all others ) for their continued support. Without the new table and text functions, this game would not have been possible. Making games is what I love to do and without GameSalad I'd probably be a couch potato or working at a Wolly Word. Thank you!

So, without anymore lallygagging, I'd like to introduce you to my latest project: Frantic Five!

Frantic Five is an amazing word game. The objective of the game is to guess the secret five letter word within 10 swaps. The secret word comes after the top word but before the bottom row alphabetically. If your guess is incorrect, the swap counter diminishes by one and your guess either swaps to the top or bottom row depending on its location to the secret word alphabetically. It's pretty neat and makes for a super-brain-picking-fun. There are various power-ups available in the game, too! Use them to help determine the secret five letter word.

Instead of reading and trying to figure out how the game plays, feel free to watch my announcement video below!

Like I said, it'll be 2 years in development (on and off) next month. It's hard to believe. I really wanted to make a game that wasn't just fun, but had tons of small features that really push games over the top.

I'm about ready to start beta testing. If you're interested, please comment and let me know! I hope to start beta testing very soon!

Thank you all for looking! I'll keep this thread updated with further developments and hopefully a release date!

Comments