Stable Release 0.13.7- FireTV Support Fixes (Updated)

13»

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Lovejoy said:
    Yea i get you, thats why i said if able too. This definitely needs fixing though, i think BlackCloakGS mentioned he was working on it.

Yes, at the meetup we were told they're working on it flat-out right now. Hopefully it makes it into a nightly very soon!

• lkmadlkmad Member Posts: 117

@Lovejoy said:
    Armelline try using 12.20 if able to, its so much better to work with.

Sorry to butt in! I thought we couldn't use 12.20 cause it was causing apps to crash due to memory issues. Is this not the case? Need to export a 64bit app soon! Thanks!

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@lkmad said:
    Sorry to butt in! I thought we couldn't use 12.20 cause it was causing apps to crash due to memory issues. Is this not the case? Need to export a 64bit app soon! Thanks!

I believe 12.20 had issues with tables making apps crash. But you can always build your games with 12.20 and then publish with 13.7. With 13.7 creator slowing down after 5 minutes, its a pain to work with and very difficult to get any work done.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Lovejoy said:
    I believe 12.20 had issues with tables making apps crash. But you can always build your games with 12.20 and then publish with 13.7. With 13.7 creator slowing down after 5 minutes, its a pain to work with and very difficult to get any work done.

If my app is free and there are no IAPs, so no tables, can I still publish with 12.20, or is it better to do as you suggest above?

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@PhilipCC said:

Well i published a paid game with 12.20 and there was no issues.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy said:

Got it! Good idea. Will try that combination and see what happens. :smile:

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

@BlackCloakGS

Are all the memory fixes to do with Tables in this build?

I'm keen to open up my old project and get back to work on it, if that's sorted out now.

I think it was due to go in to 13.5, but I'm really not sure. I was at San Francisco for GDC for about two weeks, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

(PS: GDC rocks!)

• MarcMySaladMarcMySalad Member Posts: 158

@Hymloe said:
    BlackCloakGS

Are all the memory fixes to do with Tables in this build?

I'm keen to open up my old project and get back to work on it, if that's sorted out now.

I think it was due to go in to 13.5, but I'm really not sure. I was at San Francisco for GDC for about two weeks, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

(PS: GDC rocks!)

No, scheduled for 0.14

Any ETA on that? FWIW...

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

We just pushed new android binaries that fix the sound not pausing on hibernate. This was causing people to get rejected on the amazon store. Please regenerate you apps on 0.13.7 to take advantage of the update.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    We just pushed new android binaries that fix the sound not pausing on hibernate. This was causing people to get rejected on the amazon store. Please regenerate you apps on 0.13.7 to take advantage of the update.

Is this a fix that extends across all other Android platforms, too?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited March 2015

yes it should.

Experiencing an issue with the loading image.

If I'm holding my iPhone 5S in landscape mode (Home button to the left), 1st launch, the loading image (my logo) appears correct in landscape mode.

If I am to close the game completely and reopen it. This time my logo will appear in Vertical mode, taking half the screen (cut off) and the rest is black. This isn't happening in landscape mode (home button to the right) which shows my logo upside down and then once the game starts it's in the correct orientation.

Anyone else having this issue? I thought it was my latest build, but I just checked a previous build and it has the exact same issue.

• skottskott Member Posts: 172

Hi, I noticed that Chartboost banners are not showing on "Reset Game". Works fine on "Change Scene"