Poor Man's Gamesalad

I've stumbled onto some free software called google web designer. It's much easier to use than gamesalad, but less than a quarter of the functionality.

Frankly it is a bit of a rip off of gamesalad's GUI. And I wouldn't even say that you could make games with it... But it exports to html5 and its free...

So for all you creative geniuses that don't have a whole check to spend on gamesalad, make some interactive animations / websites with GWD.

Comments

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    edited March 2015

Google Web Designer is for webpages and html ads. It probably wouldn't do much good for game making.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• joshiwujoshiwu Member Posts: 207

@blue_elephant said:
    Google Web Designer is for webpages and html ads. It is nothing like game salad and is a completely different product. Also you code in HTML besides the gui tools.

I was just thinking, I wish someone would read the first sentence of my post and then comment something negative. And Blue elephant, your game is lazy garbage, that I could easily re-create in GWD. +)

to everyone else, GWD is not just HTML it includes javascript and HTML5 components, this guy obviously only used it for a few minutes before giving up.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@joshiwu said:
    And Blue elephant, your game is lazy garbage, that I could easily re-create in GWD. +)

Was this really necessary? Totally uncalled for.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    edited March 2015

Didn't mean to be negative, i'll change my original comment to be more clear. But google web designer is for a different market, that's all I was saying.
    Also, i'll have to agree with you that my game (bunny hop) is garbage haha. I made it about 2-3 years ago remember, it's not even on the app store anymore. I've moved on to better things now.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited March 2015

@joshiwu - Be excellent to one another and this thread can stay open.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@joshiwu said:
    I was just thinking, I wish someone would read the first sentence of my post and then comment something negative.

This makes zero sense. His response was entirely legitimate. You suggest GWD as an alternative to GameSalad, and he points out that it's intended for a different purpose. The interface bears almost no similarity to GameSalad, the purpose is totally different and the two tools are barely comparable. I'm really not sure what the point you're trying to so rudely make it.

His response was entirely ILLEGITIMATE , like your conception. Ask your mom

Look guys, just becaus something doesn't have a built in physics engine doesn't make it unrelated. My origins post says "about a quarter of the functionality."

Now if everyone already knew about this beta software, then pardon me, I benefit in no way from speaking on it. So blue elephant can keep his nay say to himself

@Lovejoy said:
    Was this really necessary? Totally uncalled for.

If it was uncalled for I would not have said it.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@joshiwu I've given you an official warning (see your private messages) due to your offensive comments and your ignoring a moderator's request.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.