Weird first positioning of actors when placing and trigger not working.

FirecheFireche Member Posts: 10
edited March 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

Hello..
this might not be the right subforum to ask, so please let me know if that's the case. I have a problem which I am unable to "fix".

When placing an actor in the scene, the actor seems to get random coordinates most of the time, so I have to retype the x and y coordinates. Is this normal? Other ppl dont seem to have this problem :/

Thank you

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2015

@Fireche said:
    1) When placing an actor in the scene, the actor seems to get random coordinates most of the time, so I have to retype the x and y coordinates. Is this normal?

How random are these random coordinates ? Do you mean you place an actor at 200 x 200 and when you let go it appears at 600 x 350 . . . (that kind of thing) ?

@Fireche said:
    2) I got a trigger which looks like this:

• Every X Seconds Spawn an Actor at certain spot in the scene (relative to the scene)

But the trigger works only if there is already an actor of the same type placed in the scene. Why is this?

If you post a screenshot of your rules it would be easier to try and work out what the issue is.

• FirecheFireche Member Posts: 10

Thanks for the fast answer. I fixed problem 2 already. It always needs another actor to spawn an actor. An actor cant spawn itself if its not in the scene.

And to the first problem. Yes. I drag it to 200x200 and it ends up at 1402x2302

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554
    edited March 2015
  • FirecheFireche Member Posts: 10

Interesting. It works. But instead of letting all windows user change their interface..why not fix this problem somehow? Doesnt seem like a big thing to me