How can I add a whole paragraph text?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388
edited March 2015 in Community Tutorials

Like for example on Instruction or Credit page, I would like to write an almost essay length (just saying) text to display that I can have it scroll by touch drag.

Best Answers

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer

It would be best to create a png image file from the text. It's possible to do with Display Text and/or tables but formatting that much text is a major pain.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer

Actually, the Display Text rendering can produce low quality results on certain devices so it's better to use PNGs. Just follow the general advice about 2x the resolution, 72 dpi, even pixel sizes, etc.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    It would be best to create a png image file from the text. It's possible to do with Display Text and/or tables but formatting that much text is a major pain.

I figured as much, I guess PNG it is then... just worried that the resolution of the fonts wouldn't be as good when scaled to other dimensions in different screen sizes..

Thanks again!

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    Actually, the Display Text rendering can produce low quality results on certain devices so it's better to use PNGs. Just follow the general advice about 2x the resolution, 72 dpi, even pixel sizes, etc.

Great advice, thanks a lot!