Is there a way to select a specific scene to load at start?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

I know that it loads the very top layer by default, but the reason i'm asking is this, on my top layer is the INTRO scene, the next is the GAME scene, and when I play and it's Game Over, it moves to the next scene, and when I want to play again and Reset Game, it reverts to the top layer scene back to the INTRO scene.

Best Answer

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Posts: 634
    Accepted Answer

If I am reading your post correctly, your game currently behaves like this:

Intro->Game->GameOver->Intro

but you want it to behave like this:

Intro->Game->GameOver->Game

If that's the case, then in your Game Over Scene, you have to have an event which takes you back to Game. In other words, either a timer or preferably a "Play Again" button actor will achieve what you want.

Rule: If "Play Again Actor" touch is pressed then Change Scene to Game Scene.

Of course, you might want to have an event handler in your Game Scene to Reset all variables (attributes) to the start of the game, so you don't restart the game with last game's score.

Good luck!

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@mhedges said:
    If I am reading your post correctly, your game currently behaves like this:

Intro->Game->GameOver->Intro

but you want it to behave like this:

Intro->Game->GameOver->Game

If that's the case, then in your Game Over Scene, you have to have an event which takes you back to Game. In other words, either a timer or preferably a "Play Again" button actor will achieve what you want.

Rule: If "Play Again Actor" touch is pressed then Change Scene to Game Scene.

Of course, you might want to have an event handler in your Game Scene to Reset all variables (attributes) to the start of the game, so you don't restart the game with last game's score.

Good luck!

I never got to thank you, i apologize for that. Thanks