Is there a way to make the 'Accelerate Toward' react a lot faster?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

I just wish it could react as fast as the 'Move To' method, it would seem that no matter how fast you set it to accelerate, it takes time to really launch itself.

Best Answer

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Posts: 956
    Accepted Answer

Change its velocity before you make it accelerate. The actor will accelerate quicker from 300 to 600 than it will from 0 to 600.

Answers

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited March 2015

Isn't that the definition of 'accelerate'? I understand what you're saying because I've felt that way, too, but perhaps you would prefer to use Change Velocity or a combination of Change Velocity and Accelerate.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    Isn't that the definition of 'accelerate'? I understand what you're saying because I've felt that way, too, but perhaps you would prefer to use Change Velocity or a combination of Change Velocity and Accelerate.

Here's what I don't like about 'Move To', if set to run at say 5 seconds, when time is up, it stop dead on track, that's why I changed to 'Accelerate Toward'. Here's what I don't like about 'Accelerate Toward', like a car, there's a delay time for it to reach set acceleration speed of 600 from 0.

That's what I like 'Move To', it can accelerate to 600 in an instant if it set to.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happens

@RabidParrot said:
    Change its velocity before you make it accelerate. The actor will accelerate quicker from 300 to 600 than it will from 0 to 600.

I'll give it a try, thanks

@tatiang @RabidParrot

Thanks to both of you, aside from your suggestion, I added another component to it and here's what i've done.

Rotate To Angle: to Mouse X,Y Position at speed of 500
    Changed Velocity: to Mouse X,Y Position at speed of 500
    Accelerate Toward: to Mouse X,Y Position at speed of 500

those three combo is exactly what I wanted and needed, thanks for the help guys!

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

@dellagarpo Anytime!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

You're welcome!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User