Trying to Test on Fire TV and having Major issues!!! Hopefully someone can help!

Hey guys,

I have spent the last 2 days, about 12 hours total so far trying to get everything working and still no luck. Have someone on the forums trying to help but still nothing. I figured it was time to post something as I have wasted so much time now.

I published my game, connected to my Fire TV via terminal than ran the install. The error I am getting is:

Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]

I wasn't sure if I was suppose to use the signed or unsigned but got the same thing with both.

Next I checked my java through terminal. It showed the following:

java version "1.8.0_40"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

I thought maybe I had to downgrade Java to 1.7 so I deleted the java applet and installed java 1.7. Now I have a small issue with this. When checking which java version I'm running through the terminal it says:

java version "1.8.0_40"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

But in terminal when checking my java version by:

/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -version

I get:

java version "1.7.0_75"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

I am stuck and have wasted so much time on this and not sure where to go from here. I really hope someone can help!

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

:s BUMP :s

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

Try putting your problem in the Gamesalad made treads towards the top.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Got yourself into a world of fun I see. Fire fire!

After 15 hours of this I was finally able to get all of Java downgraded to 1.7 and a test build pushed to my Fire TV.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

its far easier to side load your signed APKs to the fire tv, you can even load unsigned APK,s if you untick the box in the fire tv settings! using the side load method after publishing and signing it took me like 2 min to get it working!

download "adbfire" for mac or windows and it does it all for you!

@jay2dx said:
    download "adbfire" for mac or windows and it does it all for you!

Oh, now you share that software with me. Where were you when I needed you most?¿? :'( Hahahahahaha Just kidding! :p

I was attempting to sideload my app to the fire TV using terminal and was having this issue and receiving the, failure, no certificates installed in terminal.

I may have still had this issue even with the software. The failure I was getting was no certificates installed when publishing my app.

I found that it had to do with my Java. I had updated it to 1.8 but I needed it to be at 1.7 or 1.6. I wasn't aware of this and others may not but on the Mac side Java has two different things running. They have their actual Jave which is used for websites and such, then they have there JDK that runs.

I needed to downgrade so I was following instructions on doing so which had me delete the Java Applet and reinstall it which made my Java 1.7 but the JDK was still at 1.8. I could not for the life of me find where the JDK was installed and it wasn't located where it was supposed to be. Finally last night I found a something from Apple on uninstalling updated Java stuff and reinstalling Apple's original Java stuff using terminal.

After following the instructions I went back to oracles website and downloaded the 1.7 JDK and installed it. Then I went back into the Java folder and they're listed was 1.7 and 1.8. 1.8 was where it was supposed to be and should have been but wasn't originally. I deleted the 1.8 which made 1.7 The current version three then ran Java -version terminal and it was now saying 1.7 and not 1.8. Then I made a new key store and republished. Then when I sideloaded the app to my fire TV through terminal it was a success!

Thank you and will take a look at that software!