Is there a way to destroy a rule?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

I know it only destroys actors, how about a set of rule once you're done with it, just to lighten up the load I guess.

Best Answers

• POMPOM Posts: 2,599
    Accepted Answer

Yep, so what's wrong with option 1?

Roy.

• POMPOM Posts: 2,599
    Accepted Answer

Oh I see... Well you can't :)
    But it shouldn't bother you, if the code is not running, then the fact that it's there should not impact your performance.

Roy.

Answers

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599

2 ways I can think of.
    1) wrap those rules inside a Boolean rule, active/inactive, if inactive those rules will not fire every frame.

2)Put those rules in a dedicated actor.. Once you've "done with it" destroy the actor and as a result destroy the rules.

Roy.

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@POM said:
    2 ways I can think of.
    1) wrap those rules inside a Boolean rule, active/inactive, if inactive those rules will not fire every frame.

2)Put those rules in a dedicated actor.. Once you've "done with it" destroy the actor and as a result destroy the rules.

Roy.

thanks for the suggestion but i'm talking about a single rule inside of an actor that has many other rules, lol

@POM said:
    Yep, so what's wrong with option 1?

Roy.

Nothing wrong with them, it does work, but what I guess I was really asking is "How can I erase that piece of code from the whole thing".

@POM said:
    Oh I see... Well you can't :)
    But it shouldn't bother you, if the code is not running, then the fact that it's there should not impact your performance.

Roy.

Thanks, I was just looking for another way to lessen the load if that makes sense, lol