Gamesalad export project not working from PC to Mac

Hi, when I export my project on PC to mac, it doesn't open on the mac. When I open the exported folder on PC, there is no project file.
Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Try adding an extension to the folder called:
    .gameproj
    This should let it open on the mac. Alternatively, and highly recommended, I would suggest you use a free tool called "PC to Mac" available here:

GS PC to MAC

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I was under the impression you didn't need to export PC files. Just add .gameproj to the folder name as @gingagaming suggested and then open it on a Mac. It should convert from a folder icon to a file icon.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• TheTigerTheTiger Member Posts: 53

Hi I have tried adding the extension .gameproj and I have also tried the of PC to Mac converter.
    But it's not working, it says it cannot read file on the Mac.

What do you think I should do?

Thank you.

I'm not sure. As a non-Pro member, you're not entitled to technical support so you're stuck with us until/if you purchase a Pro license. :o

What is the size of the project folder you're working from? And for comparison, what is the size of the file after you rename it to add .gameproj to the filename and copy it to a Mac?

You're welcome to upload the PC project (the original one, not the export) -- .zip it first and upload it to a file-sharing service and then post the download link here.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

The folder size is 513kb, but the actual project file is 0kb, why is it 0kb?

I don't think that's unusual to have a 0 Kb file. If you had said the folder was 34 bytes, we'd have a problem but 513 Kb is within a normal range. Again, if you want to upload the file, I can have a look at it for you.

Would I be able to upload my game from PC to my gamesalad profile, but make it private, then download it from their onto the Mac?

If I can, can you let me know how to do it please.

Thank you.

You're welcome to upload the PC project (the original one, not the export) -- .zip it first and upload it to a file-sharing service and then post the download link here.

How to do that? I'm not sure I can give you exact instructions since I'm not familiar with each service (I use Dropbox, some people use MediaFire or others). Is there something you're not understanding?