Is there a way to fix a button sensitivity problem?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388
edited March 2015 in Community Tutorials

If it's a button to call out anything from inside the scene, a very very light touch is all you need, but when it's a button to trigger a change of scene, you have to press hard on the button, any thoughts on this?

Best Answer

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer

Since mobile devices can't yet differentiate between soft and hard touches, what you're really asking is how to tell when the player has pressed for a short while and when the player has pressed for a longer time.

When Touch is Pressed
    .....Timer After 2 seconds
    ..........Change Scene

Make sure Run to completion is NOT checked.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    Since mobile devices can't yet differentiate between soft and hard touches, what you're really asking is how to tell when the player has pressed for a short while and when the player has pressed for a longer time.

When Touch is Pressed
    .....Timer After 2 seconds
    ..........Change Scene

Make sure Run to completion is NOT checked.

That's exactly what I have and when people click lightly on the button and hear a sound, nothing happens. lol

Just wanna take out my frustration here instead of screaming or destroying stuff or hurting people, lol.... buttons to change scene is so unresponsive that it takes a 1 second hard press to make it execute, it's making people think the link is broken.... Sigh!

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

As @tatiang said, the device cant detect hard or soft presses -- only length of press.

If you want a shorter press time, then change the timer from 2 seconds down to 1 second. (Or maybe even .5 second.)

Bahahahaha just solved it, I used Boolean and it works like a charm, I'm so happy, can't tell difference between pressing a button for In-Scene changes to Change Scene execution, love it.