Windows creator iphone 5/6 resolution

i have been trying to figure out how to create a game for iphone 5/6 on windows

1. If i want to create a project for iphone 5 or 6, what resolution should it be, like the screen size, scene size or camera size.
    for example, when i create an iphone project, it automatically sets it all to 320 x 480, there is no option for iphone 5 or legacy iphone, but i want it to be widescreen, and then just have it cut off the top or so for iphone 4.
    the iphones resolution is like 1136 x 640 or something, but somewhere it said you don't set it to that?

2. your supposed to make the image 3x the size of the actor for retina, but when i have an actor that is 100 x 100 for example, and the drag an image that is 300 x 300 on it, it automatically changes the actors size to that, when i change it back to 100 x 100 won't it change the image too, so how do i do the whole image bigger than the actor thing?

3. And how does the whole thing work for android?

4. just foy, there is no way on windows to change the device after creating the project, like on mac, where in the viewer you can change around the device, there is resolution independence when creating the project, but no way to change it after creating the project.

i hope someone who did this before on windows can answer the question, i still appreciate all the answers.

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

You can adjust the screen size yourself. Just editing the standard 480x320 for example.

You will need to adjust the camera tracking too. I think for iphone 6, images need to be 4x the size.

So if your image is 100x100, you need to have artwork for 400x400 then scale it down

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• kevingibbs872kevingibbs872 Member Posts: 3

thanks for the answer

but what is the size i should be using, 1136 x 640, 1920 x 1080?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@kevingibbs872 said:
    i have been trying to figure out how to create a game for iphone 5/6 on windows

1. If i want to create a project for iphone 5 or 6, what resolution should it be, like the screen size, scene size or camera size.

iPhone 6+ is 2208 x 1242 pixels. The scene size can be as large or small as you like, the same is true for the camera size.

@kevingibbs872 said:
    2. your supposed to make the image 3x the size of the actor for retina

When you are using Creator's iPhone 6+ project size you need to use 3x images for your actors.

@kevingibbs872 said:
    but when i have an actor that is 100 x 100 for example, and the drag an image that is 300 x 300 on it, it automatically changes the actors size to that, when i change it back to 100 x 100 won't it change the image too, so how do i do the whole image bigger than the actor thing?

Changing an actor that contains a 300 x 300 pixel image to 100 x 100 pixels will not change the image (i.e. the image will still have 300 x 300 pixels).

• kevingibbs872kevingibbs872 Member Posts: 3

thanks a lot for the answer, helps a lot.

Just if i set the size to 2208 x 1242 i have to scroll a lot, is there a way to zoom out?

Or do i just set it to 736 x 414 and just have the background be 3x, so 2208 x 1242?

Sorry for all the questions, but there is no way for me to just test how it looks right now, because i am on windows