symbolicating crash reports

Hi, my game recently started crashing when ported to my devices, and the crash reports are unsymbolicated. I'm unclear on how to get the binary and .dsym into xcode so that I get meaningful crash reports that I can actually use to help track a problem down. I'm willing to pay $10 for a tutorial. There may be further work if I can't figure it out based on the crash report ;)

Comments

• Happy Family GamesHappy Family Games Member Posts: 25

Wow, somebody could've made an easy $10 by telling me to adhoc test lol... Please close this thread

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Happy Family Games said:
    Wow, somebody could've made an easy $10 by telling me to adhoc test lol... Please close this thread

I cant even get my usual subway sandwich with 10 bucks. :trollface:

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

And you just left a comment that probably took you longer to type than "Do adhoc testing, then open a crash report"... and you did it for free!

What kind of sandwich are you getting that's > $10? I don't think I've ever spent $10 at subway... even for a combo meal lol

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Happy Family Games said:
    And you just left a comment that probably took you longer to type than "Do adhoc testing, then open a crash report"... and you did it for free!

What kind of sandwich are you getting that's > $10? I don't think I've ever spent $10 at subway... even for a combo meal lol

I honestly have no idea as to how to look over the crash report, this is why myself and probably many of the users did not respond.

As to my sandwich: turkey-bacon-avocado, double meat, double cheese, extra avocado in Italian bread, toasted. ;)

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

that'll definitely break $10 since they charge around 1.5 million for extra avocado lol. I was only asking how to get a symbolicated crash report, not how to read it... yet lol