why is it that some volumes are higher than others?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388
edited March 2015 in Community Tutorials

i've noticed that from scene to scene, volume level varies even when they have the exact settings on the sound files, none touched, just simply dragged the rule and placing which clip to play and nothing else.

Best Answer

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    Accepted Answer

@dellagarpo said:
    i've noticed that from scene to scene, volume level varies even when they have the exact settings on the sound files, none touched, just simply dragged the rule and placing which clip to play and nothing else.

Are the sound files all at the same level ?

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@Socks said:

perfectly the same, none touched or modified (except of course the clip, and all uses the same clip), whatever the default level is when you place the behavior

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dellagarpo said:
    perfectly the same, none touched or modified (except of course the clip, and all uses the same clip), whatever the default level is when you place the behavior

I'm not sure I understand ?

Is 'the clip' the sound file, is that what you mean by 'clip' ?

Is this issue one where different sound files play at different volumes, or is this issue that the same sound file (for example a police siren sound) plays at different volumes ?

@Socks said:
    Is this issue one where different sound files play at different volumes, or is this issue that the same sound file (for example a police siren sound) plays at different volumes ?

they play all the same sound file ie clip at different volumes at all the same settings

@dellagarpo said:
    they play all the same sound file ie clip at different volumes at all the same settings

Is the different very noticeable - are you on a Mac - do you ever have music playing in the background - is the change consistent, for example is the third time the sound plays always lower/higher in volume, or does the volume change seem to be random ?

@Socks said:
    Is the different very noticeable - are you on a Mac - do you ever have music playing in the background - is the change consistent, for example is the third time the sound plays always lower/higher in volume, or does the volume change seem to be random ?

I'm on PC, and other pages or scenes have music on and it's a consistent occurence

@dellagarpo said:
    I'm on PC, and other pages or scenes have music on and it's a consistent occurence

Hmmmm . . . . can't think why this might be happening, you need to do some tests to hunt down the issue.

@Socks said:
    Hmmmm . . . . can't think why this might be happening, you need to do some tests to hunt down the issue.

I'm just waiting on my friend to bring his Macbook to try rendering one there to see if it does the same thing, if not, i'll just try to compensate by trying out different levels

@dellagarpo said:
    I'm just waiting on my friend to bring his Macbook to try rendering one there to see if it does the same thing, if not, i'll just try to compensate by trying out different levels

What are you 'rendering' ?

@Socks said:

the game, the apk file to install on the phone, lol

@dellagarpo said:
    the game, the apk file to install on the phone, lol

I see !