How can I make a ball actor roll like a real ball?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

I know we can make them rotate clockwise and counter in Gamesalad, but is there a way to make it roll like real ball from rear towards the front of its direction?

Best Answer

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    Accepted Answer

@dellagarpo said:
    My bad, lol.... how the ball would look like? a marble looking one, or anything with a distinct feature like a basketball with a stripe, or a pool ball with a number.

Ok, that makes sense, to make it work you would need render a 3D sphere turing through a whole cycle (360°) and constrain it to the direction and speed of the actor within GameSalad.

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dellagarpo said:
    is there a way to make it roll like real ball from rear towards the front of its direction?

I'm not sure how you game works or any of the rules or behaviours you are using, but a ball rolling along a surface should rotate correctly without any intervention ?

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@Socks said:

well, whether it rolls with or without intervention, there should be no difference as to how it rolls like a ball, imagine a pool table with nothing but a single ball and you're viewing it from above the table, of course you wouldn't see the ball rolling clockwise or counterclockwise, it'll be from rear to front according to the direction it's headed

edited March 2015

@dellagarpo said:
    imagine a pool table with nothing but a single ball and you're viewing it from above . .

Right, what does the ball look like and how would you know (in the real world) that it was rolling ?

@Socks said:
    Right, what does the ball look like and how would you know (in the real world) that it was rolling ?

My bad, lol.... how the ball would look like? a marble looking one, or anything with a distinct feature like a basketball with a stripe, or a pool ball with a number.

@Socks said:

I was originally thinking i could animate it to make it look like it's rolling to whichever direction

@Socks said:
    Ok, that makes sense, to make it work you would need render a 3D sphere turing through a whole cycle (360°) and constrain it to the direction and speed of the actor within GameSalad.

are we allowed to use any 3D image in Gamesalad?

@dellagarpo said:
    are we allowed to use any 3D image in Gamesalad?

You can use any image you like.