State of GameSalad on 3-20-2015

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Hello again all you GameSalad fans! I’ve gathered some info to share with you guys, enjoy!

1. In case you missed it, there’s still some time left to take part in our Amazon FireTV promotion! Do you want to get some free months of PRO? Head here for more details!: http://gamesalad.com/blog/gamesalad-announces-amazon-fire-tv-promotion-with-1000-in-prizes-free-months-of-pro

2. Graphene SDK (previously known as “Cross platform Creator”). More info will be shared with this topic from CodeWizard periodically. For more info or to sign up for beta access, refer to this thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/75011/introducing-graphene-sdk/

3. Release 0.13.0 for Windows version of GameSalad Creator! We plan on putting out a 0.13.0 release (that will most likely be a release candidate build) soon! I’ve heard that this will be very similar to the 0.13.0 release we put out for the Mac version of Creator!

4. Release 0.14.0 for the Windows version of GameSalad Creator. Work is still being done here. This release is planned to be the one that gets Windows version of Creator synched up with the Mac version feature wise! This includes all the features we have planned for our 0.14.0 release for Mac as well (see some below)!

5. Nightly build for the Windows version of Creator. We are still working towards fixing the known issues in the Windows nightly build. For more info and to let us know of any issues you’re having with the Windows nightly build, check out the following thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/75007/windows-creator-nightly-0-12-1-is-available/p1 and get the build here: http://gamesalad.com/download/releases.

6. Release 0.14.0 for the Mac version of Creator. Work is being done on this front to bring a lot of long desired features, and we plan on releasing a nightly build soon! A few features this release will have are AdMob integration, the new rendering engine, and full PlaysTogether support. We’re still working on converting Creator over to use ARC to reduce some of the performance issues you guys have been having and it’s making good progress! Check out this thread for more info on release 0.14.0: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/74854/nightly-build-0-14-0/p1.

We’re also working on fixing some of the issues that have been reported with publishing to FireTV. One such issue that was fixed recently was “sound not pausing on hibernate”. Head over to this thread if you wish to report app rejections or development issues you’re having in regards to publishing to FireTV: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/80748/firetv-app-rejections-or-development-issues-let-us-and-amazon-know-here/p1

1. New marketplace. Work is still being done on this front and I'll let you guys know when I hear more!

2. April’s Monthly Meetup! I’ve heard we’re still looking for a speaker for our April monthly meetup, so if anyone is interested shoot me or @BlackCloakGS a PM!

That’s all I have for you guys. More coming your way next week!

Comments

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

Thanks for update,
    First

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@ForumNinja Thanks, Any updates on ARC in version 13.0

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

Good stuff! I'm excited about the Facebook posting! I get a lot of people clicking on the Facebook icon in my games, which takes them to my page, but I have a feeling they expect to be able to post their scores. :/

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@ForumNinja said:

1. Release 0.13.0 for Windows... I’ve heard that this will be very similar to the 0.13.0 release we put out for the Mac version of Creator!

Is that good or bad?

It seems that 13 is an unlucky number... too many gremlins. >:)

@PhilipCC said:

Have you 4 leaf clover close when you use Gamesalad.

@scottharrrules43 said:
    Have you 4 leaf clover close when you use Gamesalad.

A bottle of Irish Whiskey is more consoling. ;)

edited March 2015

@BlackCloakGS @ForumNinja we are entering Quarter year of 2015...hoping for new updated news not the same "Graphene SDK (previously known as “Cross platform Creator”). More info will be shared with this topic " and "Release 0.14.0 for the Mac version of Creator. Work is being done on this front to bring a lot of long desired features, and we plan on releasing a nightly build soon! A few features this release will have are AdMob integration, the new rendering engine, and full PlaysTogether support" ARC etc...is there any APPROXIMATE Deadline dates for these implements or not yet decided yet.

Thanks

@NimbleBug said:
    ForumNinja we are entering Quarter year of 2016...hoping for new updated news not the same "Graphene SDK (previously known as “Cross platform Creator”). More info will be shared with this topic " and "Release 0.14.0 for the Mac version of Creator. Work is being done on this front to bring a lot of long desired features, and we plan on releasing a nightly build soon! A few features this release will have are AdMob integration, the new rendering engine, and full PlaysTogether support" ARC etc...is there any APPROXIMATE Deadline dates for these implements or not yet decided yet.

Thanks

@scottharrrules43 While typing i was thinking State of GameSalad on march 2016 With lots of hopes in future :)

@quantumsheep @Hymloe @lkmad If we get nearest neighbor, custom fonts, and instant scene change, would be the most amazing update for me

Yes instant scene is necessary today....because mobiles and tablets are coming with very good graphics and high end hardware ...every one is looking for the apps and games which run with out lagging...but our Gamesalad is still loading like old 128Mb Ram devices ...our engine should utilize the multicore processors..speed.

@scottharrrules43 said:

2015! Now I need Vodka Martinis. :#

@PhilipCC said:
    2015! Now I need Vodka Martinis. :#

Wait it 2015, let me get back in my time machine wrong time sorry.