How can I make my actor stop spinning so fast

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

it starts to happen after colliding with another actor after respawning

Best Answers

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer

You need to provide more details when you ask a question. This is a bit like going to the doctor and saying, "I have this pain in my side that happens sometimes. What is causing it?" The doctor is going to want to know when it occurs, how strong it is, whether it happens after you eat certain foods or exercise, etc. In the case of GameSalad, providing the exact rules and behaviors you're using (or a screenshot of them) is the bare minimum you should be mentioning.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    Accepted Answer

@dellagarpo said:
    I'm Sorry, lol.... I have this habit of thinking that you guys have the power to read my mind, lol

Cheese ? Is the answer Cheese ?

• AJaymzAJaymz Posts: 164
    edited March 2015 Accepted Answer

When self.PainInSide is true change swollen booleans to false. That might solve your pain problem.

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    You need to provide more details when you ask a question. This is a bit like going to the doctor and saying, "I have this pain in my side that happens sometimes. What is causing it?" The doctor is going to want to know when it occurs, how strong it is, whether it happens after you eat certain foods or exercise, etc. In the case of GameSalad, providing the exact rules and behaviors you're using (or a screenshot of them) is the bare minimum you should be mentioning.

I'm Sorry, lol.... I have this habit of thinking that you guys have the power to read my mind, lol

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I knew you were going to say that. ;)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    I knew you were going to say that. ;)

hahahaha

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@tatiang said:
    "I have this pain in my side that happens sometimes. What is causing it?"

It could be swollen booleans ?

@Socks said:

hahahahaha

@AJaymz said:
    When game.PainInSide is true change swollen booleans to false. That might solve your pain problem.

LMAO

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@dellagarpo said:
    LMAO

P.S turn the Angluar Drag up, you don't need much, 1.5 is a good place to start.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Try and put a rule in the actor that when it collides with any (or a specific) actor, rotate to an angle, or rotate clockwise or counterclockwise at a low speed.

Also, an actor can have a fixed rotation attribute; it's a checkbox under "Attributes".

Try those out!

@mhedges said:
    Try and put a rule in the actor that when it collides with any (or a specific) actor, rotate to an angle, or rotate clockwise or counterclockwise at a low speed.

Also, an actor can have a fixed rotation attribute; it's a checkbox under "Attributes".

Try those out!

i'll try it out but I think imma let it spin cause I just saw an unexpected benefit to letting this actor spin wildly, sometimes accidents bring more to the table, thanks to all your help