Is asking friends/family to review your app allowed?

Hey guys. I know that you're not allowed to ask friends to click/install ads, but what are the rules when it comes to asking friends/family/people on the internet to review your app?

Comments

• AJaymzAJaymz Member, PRO Posts: 164

I don't see anything wrong with it. They are a different person than the developer so I say go for it..

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Whose terms of service are you referring to? And where does it say you're not allowed to ask friends to click/install ads? I'm not contesting that... I'm just curious about it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634
    edited March 2015

@MarpCark, I don't see anything wrong with family members leaving an unbiased review of your app in an app store, if that's what you mean. If you're asking them to give you all five starts, then the results may be skewed, and you may get inconsistent feedback when an unrelated party gives you a "low-star" review.

Edit -please disregard my opinion; I somehow missed the click/install part of the discussion.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

I don't know of any rules by Apple or GS to refrain you from asking anybody to click ads...or to install any apps via that click. Heck I've done it for myself.

Click away my friend. No one is going to BAN you from GS or Apple over a .02% of a cent...ad click.

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2015

I haven't seen any issue with asking someone to review your game.

I do see an issue with asking someone to download an app through your ads.

The reason you are getting paid through the ads is because the company, lets say "King" has a group of people who are able to figure the cost:revenue ratio. They might know that for every $2 they spend they earn $15. These figures are based off natural downloads. They figure that 8 out of 10 people will play the game for more than a week. During this week they may make an iAP or click on an ad and make King that $15.

Now if you ask someone to download an app through your game, the user isn't natural. The person might not even like to play the game. They delete it the first day and you get paid. If you have 10 people download the game and not keep it, King is now out $150. Even though $150 doesn't sound like a lot to a company making $800,00+ a day, asking someone to download the app to "help you out" can be seen as fraudulent. You may end up having dinner with a banhammer. Just my opinion.