Image backgrounds are not transparent.

I have a single layer graphic that I created in photoshop with transparent areas. I'm saving it out as a png file (tried multiple flavors when it didn't work as expected) and when I bring it into gamesalad, the transparent areas show up as white. Any help is appreciated. Every post I've seen says to just save it with transparency and it should work... it is not. Thanks.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Can upload the PNG file here so we can take a look ?

• CamikeCamike Member Posts: 9

I don't see any way for me to upload the file...

edited March 2015

@Camike said:
    I don't see any way for me to upload the file...

ok.

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited March 2015

@Socks said:
    ok.

Lol

@Camike

Are you using 8, 16 or 32 bit?

8 - I resolved it - thanks. Didn't know that files had to be saved as PNG 24 in GS to accommodate transparency. Still don't see a way to upload a file "here" though... :smile:

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

edited March 2015

@Camike said:
    8 - I resolved it - thanks. Didn't know that files had to be saved as PNG 24 in GS to accommodate transparency.

You can save the file as a Photoshop file if you want, GS will happily take that.

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

I have never thought to save files in 8,16,24 etc bit just different file formats how do you do this using inkscape?
    Sorry if this is plainly obvious, do forgive a dumb Ogre's ignorance :)

You can have transparency in a 256 color png 8 format as well but game salad does not accommodate that. Never used inkscape @ogreofwart so I'm afraid I can't answer that - sorry. Good to know that GS will use photoshop images-thanks. I might be too concerned about file size I guess.