Please support DBA GS Project Merger!

Please give DBA the support they need so they can build the
essential GS Project Merger. I will NOT buy Gamesalad pro
until you can merge templates.

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Im not sure what you are saying here exactly but DBA have already built GS Project Merger and it works great to merge projects. Its a stand alone app and available direct from DBA's Website.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Welcome to GameSalad! Listing your demands with regard to a third-party tool -- that already exists -- is an odd way to introduce yourself.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Just checked the date, its not yet April fools

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• muusimuusi Member, PRO Posts: 111

DBA's GS Project Merger is a great app. Helps one's life tremendously!

• carroll6carroll6 Member Posts: 6

It is a essential tool But it only runs on the MAC. I just got a message from Darren. I was all set to buy Gamesalad Pro, thinking it would solve my problems.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Maybe consider supporting Apples efforts and buy yourself a Mac? ;)

nope. Too much other software out there. Ain't got the money, either. I was extremely close to plunking down the $$ for Gamesalad until I found out GS Project Merger wouldn't run on my computer. It is a must-have template. Otherwise, I could just use Renpy, Stencyl, Construct 2 or whatever.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351

What exactly are you so keen on merging? If it's that important to you, why not just do it by hand?

THe "Easy" button, that is why. I want to focus on my story, art, and music. I can use script based engines, like RenPy (which is a visual novel engine). Doing it by hand "seems" difficult. I also must have the Universal Binaries Template. I am working with DAZ and POSER, learning them, so I want to focus on THEM.

My goal exactly? Hidden Object games, along with Point and click, and maybe Comic book cut scenes. There are many nice behaviors, such as explosions, that would be good to have. Before I dig in, plunk down the money, I want to be sure GameSalad is going to satisfy my needs. Publishing to all platforms. Easy to produce games, comic books, and graphic novels. Turret games are cool, too. Gamesalad promised to make this all easy. I want to produce- not wrestle with code all the time.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited March 2015

We get a lot of emails regarding people not wanting to buy pro unless they have the PC version of the merger (can't really blame them tbh) but the way we've been treated by staff/mods/general forum members (you know who you are) over the last year has pushed us away from GS so although we have a working prototype we doubt it will ever surface.

Im not sure what drives users to threaten and harass us and lost count of the nasty PM's by various users or who moaned about us having a signature when were not pro but were old and wise enough to move on when things like this happen.

Anyone that can openly threaten to hack your site on these very forums and release all your templates for free and not get banned is beyond us so its not the kind of place we choose to spend our time anymore.

If I wanted to wrestle with code I would just buy a Assembler compiler. It is what you PRODUCE..not the elegant code that audiences want. I know of talented C++ programmers that make games that bored me in 30 seconds. Anyways.. that is what stopped my Gamesalad Pro purchase plans, unless I can learn a way to work around this. Until I can merge these templates- no deal.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351
    edited March 2015

I'm not at all sure you understand what GameSalad is. It involves less coding than any of the other engines you've mentioned. It can do all the things you want to make. What is it you expect the project merger to do that would suddenly make GS so much more helpful?

Also, you can use GameSalad with very few restrictions without paying a penny. You can make 99% of your game before deciding if you want to buy Pro or not. In fact, I'd recommend not even considering Pro until you've spent some time using GameSalad and are sure it's the solution you're looking for.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm going to close this since it's moved from a discussion of a third-party tool to personal attacks.

The Project Merger is a great tool but unfortunately is not available for PC. I don't know the details of why this is but it sounds like you have a choice, @carroll6, to use a Mac, to design your game without it or to use another game creation engine.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.