• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@scottharrrules43 said:

It is ok work out.

Where did you find my selfie?!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Lovejoy said:
    Where did you find my selfie?!

It's all over Facebook, didn't you know!

• lkmadlkmad Member Posts: 117

@CodeWizard said:
    There's so much cool stuff to share. Patience though. Patience. :cold_sweat:

Ability to preload a linked scene so the transition is instant? Pretty please? :smiley:

HTML5 & Windows PC export? :dizzy:

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188

@CodeWizard said:
    Here's a neat teaser... custom fonts in Graphene...

Wonderful!

When can we expect to see this in current Gamesalad creator please?

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaMember, PRO Posts: 694

@quantumsheep said:
    QS

I it is .16

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@CodeWizard said:

Oh, it's a basic behavior that updates the Text property every 0.016 seconds. What's that look like in preview?

Oh, it's that easy? Nah! Can't be!

;)

That window says Gamesalad! Lol guessing it's just temporary though.

Looks like graphene is coming along nicely.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

I was filling out some app info and came across this

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited April 2015

Just giving you guys a quick update on where we are on moving mac creator over to using ARC. We are down to 16 bugs and @stevej has started helping me fix bugs. That does mean that all my creator resources are working on ARC and all other creator development has been put on hold so we can fix these bugs as quickly as possible. As soon as i can get a build were it won't crash or mess-up you project i will release and RC. Thank you for your continued patience while we work towards these improvements.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Thanks for the update @BlackCloakGS and @stevej One question: I assume the switch to ARC is mainly for improving the performance in using the Creator on Mac, but did the two of you find / fix the memory leaks when the app is running on the device? I know you were looking into it and found some issues with the text behavior among other things.

I'm a big fan of the work you guys are doing in making the Creator run better, but it does not help me much as long as the games I am making with the Creator crashes out of memory on the device...

edited April 2015

@viking right now we are focused on memory issues in creator. 0.14 will introduce any memory fixes for the engine which there are a few. The next 0.14 will also have all the ARC fixes. We will be putting out the ARC fixes in a 0.13 update and the next 0.14. After the ARC fixes are done we can look at any other memory issues with the engine.

Also if you would like to ask more in depth question about this feel free to bring them to the meetup tonight.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Just giving you guys a quick update on where we are on moving mac creator over to using ARC. We are down to 16 bugs and stevej has started helping me fix bugs. That does mean that all my creator resources are working on ARC and all other creator development has been put on hold so we can fix these bugs as quickly as possible. As soon as i can get a build were it won't crash or mess-up you project i will release and RC. Thank you for your continued patience while we work towards these improvements.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it's been a major undetaking to get it working, can't wait to see the results!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

I might be able to give you a preview at the meetup if someone reminds me.