??? Question for Developpers ???

FGGFGG Member Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I havent seen any big game yet, can the engine stand a project with lots of sprites, code ?

In the future, will we be able to change input for itouch uses on a project strated on the alpha?

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi FGG. Thanks for your questions.

Right now the limit is 10MB for the upload of the game. If you look at Piryx Man there are about 224 sprites in there at once(a lot of them invisible). One for each street crossing, one for each building, the player, the player overlay, spawners, walls, minimap, tracker, music, etc. If you have VERY heavy code logic in your sprites, it will slow down, but we're working on improving that after we get the iPhone tool ready.

As for iPhone/iTouch, the input for screen touches are mapped to the mouse down event. There is also the optional left/right/up/down mappings and a "fire" button which is mapped to the spacebar. And of course, the Accelerometer is already available as attributes you can select.
  • FGGFGG Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for such a fast awnser ! Great job.

Are the swipe mappable ? {is that the optional lef,right,up,down ?} ?
  • FGGFGG Member Posts: 3
    Will you incorporate features like; play/stop music, access playlist,itouch switches and buttons/other features that are avalible on the iphone dev kit ?
    the left/right/up/down refers to the D-Pad. The swipe will need to be coded in for now.

Off the top of my head you could track a swipe by the mouse up/mouse down (screen touch/not touched).
    In an actor create the following:

Create a rule that checks for the mouse down event.
    Store the mouse X/Y position in global or actor attributes.
    Create another rule that checks for the mouse up event.
    Check the difference between the current mouse X/Y position and the stored values and perform your "swipe" actions depending on the results.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    my game is getting to 4.3mb. will game size get bigger?
    you still have 5.7mb to use. The limit is 10mb.