Game of the Month: April Submissions Thread

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Sorry for the delay in getting this post out everyone.

Here's a few reminders again about how the Game of the Month contest works:

I will open a “sticky” forum thread for submissions that will be closed at the end of Friday, April 24th. After the thread is closed we (the GameSalad team) will choose our favorite submission and announce the winner during the following month!

We will contact the winner via email soon after the thread is closed. Each winner will be asked to complete a Developer questionnaire and I will use this information to create a blog post that promotes your awesomeness!

We will feature the Game of the Month in dedicated Forum, Facebook, Twitter, and GameSalad.com blog posts!

The Ground Rules:

Submission:

*Your game must be complete and published to the appstore or GS arcade! (We have to be able to play it to know if it is worthy of winning!)

*Just to be clear, this is not a post to simply "announce" an upcoming game.

*Please limit your entries to 1 app per person.

*Apps must be posted within the sticky thread in order for it to be considered.

*You can resubmit your app if you submitted it last month and didn't win. (You can also resubmit an app that's been entered in more than one GOTM so long as it has had a significant update).

*Please include a Youtube gameplay/trailer video with your submission if possible.

*We also prefer that the game was published in 2015 or late 2014 (November or December).

Contacting the Winner: In order to be featured, winners will have one week to submit answers to a questionnaire (for me to create a sweet blog post about you).

Once again, let the submissions begin and best of luck to all who enter!

Comments

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840
    edited April 2015

Here is my first submission. Space Dash available at the iOS App store. My nephew wanted us to make a game together. He wanted " superheros, aliens, a store, lasers".

So this is what we came up with. I thought the comic book look felt right. It was a lot of fun and a nice game too.

Thanks to the community here for all your help and especially my mentor Zak at Appitt.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/space-dash/id966652258?mt=8&uo=4

You tube video:

Store:

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited April 2015

Are you a hero?

Do you have what it takes to conquer the perilous task you are about to be given
    You must fight hundreds of monsters on land, air and sea. Did you think the game was going to be easy.
    At first you are only fighting minions. The bosses come next.

Do you have the Super Ultimate Tapping Power to rid the world of these vile creatures? With one tap you could banish your foes into the underworld. But is it possible to reach the next level alone?

Oh, we forgot to tell you that you can meet other heroes along the way. Pay them a fee and they will join your hero army. Your hired heroes will help increase your Super Ultimate Tapping Power to millions, or even trillions!

Battle it out with your heroes in different lands. Earning in - game money has never been so exciting. This money, or gold can be used to increase your heroes' skills. With fully upgraded heroes you can upgrade your Super Ultimate Tapping Power to Mega Ultra Super Duper Tapping Awesomesauce Power. Tapping a monster to death has never been more exhilarating and exciting. With your Mega Ultra Super Duper Tapping Awesomesauce Power, you will be extinguishing monsters with one tap of the finger.

Your name will entice fear in all those who dare stand against you!

Will you tap your way to victory or be crumbled in the dust.

Features:

• Idle Gameplay
    • Welcome back bonuses
    • Get more money with In-App purchases as low as $.99!
    • 100 levels
    • Challenging but addicting gameplay
    • Cool graphics
    • Money
    • Gold
    • And a little more Gold
    • Timed Boss Battles
    • Autosaving Feature
    • Autoleveling Feature
    • Farming feature
    • Earn money when the app is idle (Closing the app completely voids the offline money earning)
    • Tons of Heroes to choose from
    • Scrolling hero bar for fast hero access
    • Post your highest level to the GameCenter leaderboards
    • FREE

Everybody gets one... Cheat = Having trouble with a crazy strong boss? Go back to the previous boss and rack up some gold. Level up your heroes then try that pesky boss again. Keep repeating and you might be able to get to level 10. Ha!

Level Cap is : 100 Check back for updates and more levels

Gameslad Arcade.

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

Guess i will give this a go.

My submission is the recently created game All Squares.

All Squares was designed to have the familiarity of a popular game from the past with the recognizable gameplay of a more modern game. It contains the spawn/fall feature from Tetris and the color/item match feature found in Candy Crush.

All the art was made with Blender 3D.

Here are the links:

Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/all-squares/id970168740?mt=8

Gamesalad: arcade.gamesalad.com/games/129462

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194
    edited April 2015
  • saif_shammarisaif_shammari Member Posts: 128

Go with Sufor in a world with full of adventure and challenge, and overcome the difficulties .
    The game consists of 30 stage in two different worlds (yet), you will face many challenges in the adventure.
    Using control smooth and new of its kind, will sail you in a world full of fun.
    (Many of the updates to come, and a lot of new ideas coming soon)
    Now, however, it's time to challenge ;D

Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saifshammari.sufor
    Arcade
    http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/128375

• yasoofxyasoofx Member Posts: 332

@saif_shammari What an amaaazing project! I like how everything has a sound effect and the graphics.. tbh your game makes me feel like my games suck XD.. I wish you all the luck man!

@yasoofx said:
    saif_shammari What an amaaazing project! I like how everything has a sound effect and the graphics.. tbh your game makes me feel like my games suck XD.. I wish you all the luck man!

:D
    Thanks @yasoofx
    Every thing will be awesome with the hard work :wink:

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

@saif_shammari

is this not just Badlands! im pretty sure you wont win with that! you could totally change the graphics and end up with a great game! right now, people will just see it as a poor version of badlands! sorry man but you need to change your graphics!

edited April 2015

@jay2dx
    The graphics is near to badland
    because i buy the graphics, not make it
    So i use this graphics because it is the only graphic will work with my game
    However , the gameplay is totally deferent :wink:
    I hope you will like the game

• mars-sevenmars-seven ParisMember, PRO Posts: 49

Hi all,

I'm proud to submit my first game in this "Game of the Month" contest : Handball Survivor.

The principle is simple : through several levels, survive and shoot hordes of zombies, each one wackier than the last.

The goal : to kill the goalkeeper in order to win the "match" (let's not lie, we all know that without a goalkeeper, this is a losing match!!). Do not let the zombies cross the end of the screen, do not let yourself be hit by projectiles, and defeat the goalkeeper to finish the levels.

Here are some figures for HS :

• 5 levels of increasing difficulty (the last two are particularly difficult to masterize)
    • 3 players, each with special abilities: Karabatak, Hansenator and Pibini
    • A dozen of ennemies each crazier than the last
    • 1 bonus mode "Penalty contest" (just to see if you are stronger than an undead guy...)
    • 1 bonus mode "Keep the Handballwax" (and as the saying of Master Zomba goes : "a handball player without wax is like a brain without formaldehyde")
    • 1 bonus mode "Do not touch the zombie" (you should not look for trouble !)

If you are a handball and / or arcade and action game fan, this game is for you (I hope).

Download it on Google Play Store :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mars.handballsurvivor.android

Download it on the AppStore :
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/handball-survivor-vs.-zombies/id875938371?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8

Trailer :

Screenshots :

My iOS games here and Android games here

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

@saif_shammari it doesnt matter if you bought the graphics or not! there still badlands! that's like me making Mario graphics and selling them! its not my ip and anyone using it is using the Mario ip, which you cant! and you wont get anywhere with a game that looks exactly like someone else's IP you need to change it! you will have a better game for it!

Ive played badlands to death and I must say your gameplay looks totally the same too, you even have the sucker at the end of the level,

change it up man and you could actually win with a good looking game. good luck either way!

• rafaryanrafaryan Member, PRO Posts: 29

Hi all,

I present my new game "Tiny Tripton"

It's a very dinamic and fun adventure game where the tiny Tripton travel infinitely in the sea, passing through every obstacle on their way.

You are not a lonely adventurer, in this trip you have two tiny Tripton going with you that will help you with their skills but you are gonna have to protect them from any danger that shows up like the hungry antiTripton that are gonna take every chance they get to attack your tiny tripton.

You are the predator but you could also be the victim so learning to move fast and using your powers is the secret to obtain the highest score.

Im not a game developer expert im just an enthusiastic person and very proud of this result. I hope you people enjoy playing It you can become addicted to it and play for hours and hours trying to get a higher score everytime. It is a no ending kind of fun .

Thanks a lot and hope you have fun with the Tiny Tripton :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiny-tripton/id980992039?l=es&ls=1&mt=8

• gamestudentgamestudent Member Posts: 504

If Pandas Could Fly

If pandas could fly all of the haters in the world would throw ninja stars at them, because the wouldn't want to believe that pandas could fly.

![]

Here's the game:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/if-pandas-could-fly/id978533344?ls=1&mt=8

• wiltermuthgames@gmail.comwiltermuthgames@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 11

This is my first game that I developed with Gamesalad. Its called Space Hopper and is basically a flappy bird clone with a space theme.

-Controls are simple, just tap the screen and try to navigate through the asteroids.
    -While passing each wall of asteroids you will receive one point. Lets see what kind of high scores you can get.

Google playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiltermuth.spacehopper

Gamesalad Arcade:
    http://arcade.gamesalad.com/games/129064

Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/wiltermuthgames

please like my page, I will be developing new and original games in the future. Thankyou for your support!

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207

Hey Guys,

My latest game is released, It's available on iOS and Android. I spent my last 2 months to this game. I hope you'll love it.

From naming celebrities, to singing, to silly accents, to sketching, to acting -- guess the word on the card that's on your head or on your lap from friends' clues before timer runs out!

Features:
    • Play with one friend, or one hundred at the same time.
    • Choose your controller as you wish.
    • Draw a new card simply by tilting your phone or tapping on the screen.
    • Wacky activities from dancing, impersonating to trivia will challenge even the most well-rounded players.
    • Diverse categories let you challenge your best pals and entertain your kids for hours!

With 30 themed decks to choose from fun will never stop! So whether you are an engineer, a student, a doctor, or a lawyer -- there's something for everyone.

Trailer:

iOS: http://bit.ly/CharadesGame
    Android: http://bit.ly/CharadesAndroid

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

Hey @ycan,

Just curious what makes yours different than Heads Up?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heads-up!/id623592465?mt=8

Also, while you are playing does it record the people you are playing with with the front camera? If that's the case then this isn't a GameSalad game. If that's not the case then please forgive me. Was asking because that's how your video shows gameplay and that might be misleading. Just curious, thats all! :D

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207

@KillerPenguinStudios said:
    Hey ycan,

Just curious what makes yours different than Heads Up?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heads-up!/id623592465?mt=8

Also, while you are playing does it record the people you are playing with with the front camera? If that's the case then this isn't a GameSalad game. If that's not the case then please forgive me. Was asking because that's how your video shows gameplay and that might be misleading. Just curious, thats all! :D

It's free :) That's the difference. It's made with GameSalad and it can't record the game. I didn't want to show just the words in video, I wanted to show gameplay. That why I made a video like this :)

• muusimuusi Member, PRO Posts: 111
    edited April 2015

Dungeon Jump - old game freshened up with some paint (botox, silicon and all the other hollywood tricks) Ooo la laa, look at me jumping!

AppStore - http://bitly.com/dungeonjump
    Google Play - http://bitly.com/dj-googleplay
    Amazon - http://bitly.com/dj-amazon

Try it out! (If you beat my score on the video before the end of this GOTM, I'll buy you a drink when we meet)

• FiguromoFiguromo Member, PRO Posts: 42
    edited April 2015

I'm proud to present a New Figuromo Artist App featuring artwork by the talented 3d artist Alex Lashko.
    Figuromo Artist : Orc Rage

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id977213866
    (Requires 512Mb of RAM. Does not support Ipad1 and 4th Gen iPod)

Orc Rage is one of this artist's latest sculptures and showcases a powerful stance and amazing craftsmanship. With visible veins and muscle structures, the skin on this sculpture is rendered with stunning detail. Locked in a battle pose about to strike, the orc's rage would be felt across the battle field.

With an Orc design that could easily fit in a Tolkien scene or a Dungeons & Dragons tale, this detailed sculpture allows you to express your design skills in marvelous inventiveness.

Start with a white clay model, then combine color with Realistic 3d clay, glass, metal, plastic and more.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    edited April 2015

Big Smile Games proudly submits Sleepy Cube for your consideration.

Can you keep Sleepy Cube from falling down? Duck and jump over Sleepy Rocks while dodging the Sandman and his Sleepy dust. However, you must beware of the crumbling Sleepy Island. Jump onto Sleepy Island now and experience a fun and challenging game!

Video Preview

Available on Amazon Fire TV (Sleepy Cube is designed specifically to be used with Amazon Fire TV Game Controller!)

Download Here!

Screen Shots

Presently, Sleepy Cube is waiting to be reviewed for both Apple’s App Store and their Mac store. Sleepy Cube should go live in both stores later this week or early next week.
    Available on Amazon Fire TV (Sleepy Cube is designed specifically to be used with the Amazon Fire TV Game Controller!) Support for the Fire TV Remote will be coming in a future update.

Download Here!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Lastly, good luck to all of the entrants in this month’s competition.
    There are some great apps that have been submitted!

Dale

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• mgarstkamgarstka Member, PRO Posts: 3

Leica Games presents ...

The Paris Dossier

Experience 1940s Paris through the eyes of Artemis, a British Spy on the trail of a notorious traitor.

Available on iTunes and Google Play (Amazon coming soon)

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id972469117?mt=8

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexicagames.parisdossier

The Story

25th March 1942

Life in the French capital has settled down to an almost indifferent acceptance of the occupation. The Germans, enjoying ‘La Bonne Vie’, are taking full advantage of what Paris has to offer. You, a British Agent, have been dropped into Northern France with instructions to infiltrate your way into the capital to liaise with the Resistance.

Playing as the famed British Operative, Artemis, you find yourself following the trail of a known member of the French Resistance in this unique, film noire style game. As you work your way through the clues he has left across the streets of Paris, you find yourself playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with a notorious British traitor working for the Nazis. Can you track down your missing contact and uncover the identity of the traitor loose on the streets of Paris?

Video Preview

Screenshots

lexicagames.com - Bringing highly visual, thought provoking challenges to the adventure gaming market.

edited April 2015

Nice visuals @mgarstka the contrast between light and dark is eye catching. :) Is this your first GS game? Also, I am a bit of a history buff myself.

Honestly, I have considered this type of genre. However, the amount of time required to produce such a game is what is giving me pause. Presently, I do all of my artwork, animation and programing in GameSalad by myself. I am trying to increase the number of quality games in my studio's portfolio this year.

• mgarstkamgarstka Member, PRO Posts: 3

@robertkdale Thanks! It is our first game. We put a lot of effort into the visuals and storyline. You're right, it's a great genre to do, especially visually.

I think any game you do will be time consuming if you're going to do it properly, but it means you'll have a much better game by the end of it! There were two of us working on this one and it took a while, but definitely worth it in the end. I would say go for it:)

lexicagames.com - Bringing highly visual, thought provoking challenges to the adventure gaming market.

edited April 2015

@mgarstka I agree quality games take time. I think I will give it ago.
    I look forward to seeing what other games you come up with. :)

edited April 2015

Here is the iPhone and iPad link to my App Submission listed above, entitled Sleepy Cube.

I wasn’t able to list it in my original submission and I can’t go back and edit my post to include this link. iTunes store version.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Dale

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Lokum is a puzzle game with curious characters which is based on real time physics.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/lokum/id967829767

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Handing in my little Baby because I could really need the extra exposure to keep the ball rolling. I update this game on a weekly base with new Quests, Features and the small details which make the game overall feel more round.

Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=davidzobrist.orcsgame

iPhone:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/orcs/id947428028?mt=8

Amazon AppStore:
    http://www.amazon.de/David-Zobrist-Orcs/dp/B00S4OA1DK

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orcs/393839460769274

“We're ship-wrecked on a stranded island, unknown and uncharted. Orcs are frightened, we won't survive if no one takes the lead...”
    Help us! Lead us! We will follow you to fortune and glory, and together we conquer this dangerous new territory!
    Strength and Honor!

GAMEPLAY:
    Orcs is based on the loved cookie clicker concept and extends it with fortress building and quests.
    Orcs is the simplest, funniest and most addictive RPG Action game on Google Play! If you love the 8 bits game feeling and tapping games, this is your game!

FEATURES:
    • Tap for Wood.
    • Upgrade your Axe and Orcs.
    • Build your Fortress.
    • Train your Warrior.
    • Send him on Quests to conquer.

If you were looking for Tap Games, Orcs vs Knights games, tap tap or rpg tapper games then Orcs is what you need!

• bartvicicbartvicic Member, PRO Posts: 14

As a developer, my goal was not to create yet another "addictive" and a make-you-mad game. There is enough of those on the app store.
    The market lacks the good old original design, an intuitive user interface and controls, but most importantly, it lacks good user experience.
    I really hope this was THE project, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into the making of it. Why don't you try to publish a game and graduate at the same time ;)
    But if I win, and make some money off it, it ALL goes to realization of my next big ideas (they are quite BIG), with an intention and goal to win the Apple design award. Not kidding.

HERE GOES:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/link./id961730368?ls=1&mt=8

Your job is to link the falling dots!
    Desired color changes every couple of seconds to green, red or blue.
    Plain and simple, yet more and more challanging as the speed increases!

For now, it's only available on the app store, but I plan on publishing to Google play soon.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Tough crowd this month!

I'll toss in my just-approved app, Teeny Racers, for $#!+$ and giggles.

Drive and outsmart your opponents by grabbing coins to stay in the game!

The game starts by pitting the driver against the timer; coins must be grabbed before the timer reaches zero. The next stage ups the ante by requiring the driver grab coins before the timer expires to make the opponents appear. When all opponents appear, the next stage then pits all cars against each other. The driver must grab more coins than the opponents before the timer expires. If the timer expires and the driver has the most coins, then the next round begins, with faster and smarter opponents!

Your score is based on how many, and how quickly, coins are grabbed. Good luck!

Get it at the Apple App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teeny-racers/id981290282?mt=8

This discussion has been closed.