In-Game Timer

Just wondering if it were possible to set events to an in-game timer such as a day and night cycle and NPC schedule?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Sure. You can use the device clock to determine the time of day.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• IEentertainmentIEentertainment Member Posts: 6

@tatiang said:
    Sure. You can use the device clock to determine the time of day.

Now would this allow me to modify NPC behavior depending on what time it is? Like say wake up at go to work at 6am, lunch at 12, then help slay a dragon at 3pm? lol

Also, do you know if there is a way to apply a dark tint to all of the outdoor sprites at once when the clock reaches evening time to give the impression of night time or would I have to create separate sprites for that?

Thanks for the help.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2015

Yes and yes. :)

You can have a rule based on the device clock time. And you can change the opacity of an actor based on a rule condition.

This is from Mac Creator but it's basically the same idea in Windows:

That rule would lighten an actor when it's 6am. You could overlay a black actor and change its opacity to darken the actor underneath.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:

You can have a rule based on the device clock time. And you can change the opacity of an actor based on a rule condition.

Awesome! Great! One more question if you don't mind? Is the max resolution on GS games 720p and If I want to create games on multiple devices should I begin development on desktop version first?

@tatiang said:

This is from Mac Creator but it's basically the same idea in Windows:

That rule would lighten an actor when it's 6am. You could overlay a black actor and change its opacity to darken the actor underneath.

Ok...This is awesome! Thanks for answering my questions! Your a big help!