How do I add these events?

mike206mike206 Member Posts: 24
edited April 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

Ok so in this video link you see below I have my boss creature shooting but the timing seems to be off. Is there a way I can fix this? I need to have an event where the boss sprite that's on the right of the screen goes through it's frame of opening its mouth and shooting a fireball and close mouth and repeat but with a random shooting pattern. At the start of the video it seems the timing is off and the longer it goes the worse it gets but I didn't record that part. Well Thanks you guy, hopefully you can help

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm having a hard time understanding what you wrote. It's helpful to break up ideas into separate sentences and to also focus on one thing at a time. It seems like you're asking how to do a bunch of different things but if you start with one or two it's more manageable in terms of people being able to help you.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• mike206mike206 Member Posts: 24

@tatiang ok so I just started with the shooting part and took out the rest for now. I pretty much just need my boss creature to shoot with a random pattern but the hard part is getting the timing right with the mouth opening and closing. after awhile the beam that comes out of it's mouth sometimes comes out when mouth is closed so the timing isn't right.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@mike206 said:
    tatiang ok so I just started with the shooting part and took out the rest for now. I pretty much just need my boss creature to shoot with a random pattern but the hard part is getting the timing right with the mouth opening and closing. after awhile the beam that comes out of it's mouth sometimes comes out when mouth is closed so the timing isn't right.

Have the beam spawn when the actors self.image is the open mouth image. So for example : Rule When attribute self.image = dragon2 Spawn beam actor. dragon2 being whatever the image name is.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy ok i added the rule and it say when All of the following are happening and added the attribute self.image but where does the =dragon2 come from? because it doesn't even let me select the image names it just does self.image and then to the right it gives you the option to pick contains, begin and so on and to the right of that you can add all kinda stuff. Is that where the dragon2 should be put? because i put the image name and that didn't work. I'm so confused @_@ lol

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited April 2015

@mike206 said:
    Lovejoy ok i added the rule and it say when All of the following are happening and added the attribute self.image but where does the =dragon2 come from? because it doesn't even let me select the image names it just does self.image and then to the right it gives you the option to pick contains, begin and so on and to the right of that you can add all kinda stuff. Is that where the dragon2 should be put? because i put the image name and that didn't work. I'm so confused _@ lol

I said =, i meant "is" so when self.image "is" (the name of the image of the dragon opening its mouth) so just type it in without opening the expression editor.

Edit:

this way it will only fire the beam when that exact image is active.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy Hey thank you very much!!! seeing it that way helped a lot! and I got it to work for me. Now I can work on the other stuff