Windows Creator RC 0.13.2 is available
Windows Creator Release Candidate build 0.13.2 is available
It is highly recommended that you uninstall any versions earlier than 0.13.1 of the Windows Creator Nightly before installing the new one.
- Fixed certain string/font combinations causing Display Text to crash in native preview.
- To match Mac Creator, you now must log in to use Windows Creator. To make this process easier, you have the option of having Windows Creator remember your password to auto-login when you start it. Also, once you have successfully logged in, if you can't connect to the internet for some reason in later sessions, you will be able to use Windows Creator for 7 days before being required to log in again.
Android Viewer over usb support
In order to use the Android Viewer over usb, you will need to install the Android SDK (found here). You will then need to tell Creator where to find the adb.exe program (under platform-tools of the SDK), which you can set in the preferences dialog.
We have temporarily disabled the OpenGL version check for native preview. If you run native preview and it crashes, please send us the result of the dxdiag program. This will help us support as many graphics cards as we can.
- While the Show Ad behavior still exists, it has been deprecated in favor of the Show Banner behavior, and will be removed in a future release. If you use Show Ad in your project, please change the behavior to Show Banner.
- There is a known bug where if you use the new native previewer, and then try to use the old web previewer, Windows Creator may crash. Please shut down Creator and restart if you want to switch between the previewers.
- While the joystick attributes can be used in your project, joysticks are not yet implemented in native or web preview. However, you can test joysticks by previewing on the viewers.
- Network commands not currently supported.
- The Windows version of adb.exe can lock up. If you try to use the Android Viewer over usb, and both Windows Creator and the Viewer appear to have locked up, try restarting your computer. If you still cannot use the Viewer, contact our tech support. Unfortunately this is not something we have control over.
- If you open a project with File->Open after starting up Windows Creator instead of File->Open Recent, and try to preview, Creator may crash. For some reason the Open File dialog appears to cause the crash on some, but not all, machines.
- Native preview on Vista machines will crash Windows Creator.
Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the build, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this.
Thanks for your help!
Download the the build here:
Scroll down until you see "Releases for Windows (Offline Setup)"