Reward players for downloading another game allowed?

In my game you can unlock different characters. Ive just had an idea for my game that would use a character from my other game, and to unlock this character you would have to click the link and download the other game. Is this allowed? Cheers :smile:

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Google despise this behaviour if you are a small indie developer. If you have major dollar, you can go ahead and break their rules. Reward videos is the next big thing so if you can hold out for 0.14 I think its coming then.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• MarpCarkMarpCark Member Posts: 121

@jigglybean alright, cheers :smiley:

If you have a coin system, I would look at using that to unlock characters. So if the player clicks an advert, you reward them with coins. Just make use of the clock timer and limit it to 1-2 a day. Much like Crossy Road does with video reward ads - its the future.

• MarpCarkMarpCark Member Posts: 121

@jigglybean yeah i do have a coin system. Would that work with Interstitial Ads, or would i have to wait for the Rewarded Videos release?

You could try a botched way of making it work with ads. It would mean making a new scene with an overlay to display the advert.

Then, have a 'get reward' button which they click and view the ad. You can put rules in to ensure they visited the ad and place an X at the top to return to the game, kicking in the reward.

Then use the timer to remove the button until a set time you decide(24 hours for example)