Black Screen and only loading Wheel when testing APK

cao cao xgsxcao cao xgsx Member, PRO Posts: 10

Hi all

Currently i am using windows version 10.5 for creating a game through gamesalad.

I have published through gamesalad downloaded and signed the apk( though i get an error regarding no TSA timestamp?)

After installing on an android device running kitkat or Lollipop, all i see is my intial splash screen and a loading wheel.
After this nothing happens.

I've also noticed that when trying the nightly version that the layering of my app doesn;t work correctly through android viewer, but in the gamesalad preview it works perfectly.

Any assistance would be great

Cao

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

2 things. Have you updated your SDK? Secondly, you have a splash screen - do you have any music playing either on the splash scene or next scene you are trying to load? If so, this was a common issue I had.

I resolved it by having a simple splash screen with logo and loading. A timer for 3 seconds then change scene. Allowing the game time to load everything.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• cao cao xgsxcao cao xgsx Member, PRO Posts: 10

Hi there

SDK is up to date, and there's no music on either scene.

I'm decontructing the app and trying to put it together again piece by piece

• cao cao xgsxcao cao xgsx Member, PRO Posts: 10

Hi all

I realised that the reason this was all going wrong was that the xml file for the project had become corrupted, even when reducing the whole app to one single scene it still has the hibernate issue

Starting a new project and constructing the scene from scratch worked great