Actor Disappearing!

tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127

I'm creating a game and it's been going great! Only problem being that an actor, when spawned, totally disappears. The game is wrapped in both x and y, x being needed and y making a huge and awesome addition to the game. Please help!

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

@tiger27

Do you have gravity in the scene? Do you have any rules in the actor that affect the color.alpha channel?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Check to see if the x and y positions in the Spawn Actor behavior are relative to actor or to scene. Something like x=200 y=400 relative to actor will spawn the actor 200 pixels to the right and 400 pixels above the spawner actor.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127

I don't have any gravity in my scene (I replicate it with move down, but not for everything.) and (to answer @tatiang ) I spawn everything relative to scene.

In terms of troubleshooting whether this is a problem with the way you have your scene, actors, and rules set up or just a problem with your version of GameSalad, what happens when you create a new (blank) project file, create a new actor (Actor 1), create another new actor (Actor 2), give Actor 1 a Spawn Actor behavior to spawn Actor 2 at x=100, y=100 relative to scene, and then drag Actor 1 onto the scene and Preview?

If that does NOT work, can you upload the project folder to a file-sharing site and post the download link here?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited April 2015

@tating, I just realized that there might be a misunderstanding. It's not that the actor dosen't appear, it's that it appears, and then goes away. Hope that clears that up. (If it wasn't clear already.) I'll still try what you mentioned above though. I'll get back to you.

Solved!

@tiger27 said:
    Solved!

Awesome! Can you tell us what fixed it?

edited April 2015

All I did was, I realized there was a block on the other end that I had coded to destroy the actor, so I created another block that collided with the actor, making it not hit the destroy block until it reached the top.

Ah, okay thanks.

No problem.