Transparent PNG, but White Background.

When i import all my transparent PNG files into GS, all the PNG appear with white background.
Anybody experience this before?
What is the problem?

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Hi @Skyrocket_Entertainment I've never experienced this problem from GSC end nor read of anyone else with that problem...

What program are you using to export your transparent pngs? Have you other pngs in the same game file that are OK, previously brought in? Do these problem pngs appear OK in another test game file? If you use Photoshop for png export, and use Save for Web & Devices, check that the file type hasn't been changed to JPEG, or if its set for pngs, that the transparency checkbox is checked.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738
    edited April 2015

Yeah I had experienced that once before, when I changed the actor's opacity to 0.99 it worked.

Odd problem

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

You need to be sure you are using an 8bit depth.

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

@Skyrocket_Entertainment

Make sure your image is geater than or equal to 24 bit.

• scott.m.rowleyscott.m.rowley Member, PRO Posts: 16

@zweg25 said:
    Yeah I had experienced that once before, when I changed the actor's opacity to 0.99 it worked.

Odd problem

This fixed it for me, thanks!

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

Standard PNGs with alpha are 32bit (8 bits per channel) not sure if GS supports the unusual 8bit indexed with alpha type.