Looking for a presenter for the Thursday May 7th GameSalad Meetup

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I am looking for a presenter for next months GameSalad Meetup Thursday May 7th.
The presentation should be between 30 - 60 min. You don't have to be at the in person meetup you can present remotely.
We need the communities help with this to keep the meetup going.
Its also a great way to practice public speaking.

Topic should be related to GameSalad but does not have to be about how to use GameSalad.

Please contact me on the forums if you are interested.

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

There was mention of perhaps doing a set of short presentations, 5-10 mins each, with various presenters. If you can get enough people to fill a reasonable slot (i.e. 3 or 4 at least), I'd be happy to do a short presentation on something or other. I'm going to be too busy this month to offer to do a full presentation, though.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@Armelline if we can find enough people we can total do that.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I'd love to present at some point. However, Tuesday/Thursday are extremely busy for me. A weekend would be better in my case. Hopefully one day!

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@BlackCloakGS -- I am working on a mind reading program for GameSalad that might be ready by then. (Yes... seriously! Its based on research in perceptual control theory.) The GS 'code' part will likely be so stunningly simple that it will take under 15 minutes to demonstrate.

But I've already presented once and don't want to hog the spotlight. If you would rather not have 'repeat offenders' thats OK.

You are defiantly not hogging the spotlight. Out of 10 meetups only 2 of the meetups have the presenters not been GS staff. I would love to get where the majority of the presentations are from non GS staff. @RThurman Would you be up to presenting at May's meetup?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Sounds very interesting @RThurman!

I'd also like one month for @Socks to unlock the mysteries of sin and cos for us all. I'm comfortable enough using them but @Socks can make them perform magic!

@Armelline said:
    I'd also like one month for Socks to unlock the mysteries of sin and cos for us all. I'm comfortable enough using them but Socks can make them perform magic!

Oh, yes please!

@BlackCloakGS - I'll present one month but May won't work for me. I'll look into future dates.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'd like to do one, too, but the timing is tricky for me. I'm usually driving my kids home from school at that time. I've been thinking about making a tutorial video related to optimizing a single scene to replace multiple scenes (e.g. for trivia games, photo slideshow apps, etc.) using tables. I may just post the video instead of doing it live but we'll see.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited April 2015

I am ok with shifting time or day for one meetup if that allows a user to present. So for example if @tatiang need to the start time to shift back and hour we could do that. @Braydon_SFX the weekend is usually a bad time for meetups most people don't want to come to meetups on the weekends.

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@BlackCloakGS said:
    RThurman Would you be up to presenting at May's meetup?

Sure -- count me in. (Having a hard deadline will help me get that project completed.)

ok @RThurman what it the title of your talk and a short description? A short biography about your self is optional.
    I will need this to update the meetup post.

Then next meetup is Thu May 07 7pm CST