Animations

Hi i wanna make an animated background for my home screen. I've done all my images, and altogether i have about 900 .PNGs
Is there any way i can import 900 .PNGs without crashing gamesalad? I tried importing smaller numbers and maximum i can only import about 5-10 images, any more will crash game salad.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

What size (in pixels) are your images ?

• benjaminmagebenjaminmage Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2015

@Socks 540x960!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2015

@benjaminmage said:
    Socks 540x960!

A 540 x 960 pixel image - on your target mobile device, will occupy a 1024 x 1024 pixel chunk of memory (due to the way memory is allocated, search the forums for the powers-of-2 rule if you want to know more).

900 x 1024 x 1024 pixel images will bring any mobile device to its knees ! Especially if you were thinking of playing them back using the animation behaviour, this would essentially be a high resolution uncompressed movie !

I know all this doesn't directly answer your question, but if a desktop / laptop computer is struggling with this volume of large images then I suspect the target mobile will struggle even more.

I calculate 900 x 1024 x 1024 pixel images to be somewhere around 2,880MB (2.8GB!!) :o

Saying all that you certainly should be able to import more than 5-10 x 540 x 960 pixel images, the only thing I can suggest is that it may be a memory issue ?

Can you give any more information, the version of GameSalad you are using, the amount of RAM in your machine . . . etc . . . it might help someone spot an issue they've come across themselves.

• benjaminmagebenjaminmage Member Posts: 74

@Socks Sorry for the extremely late reply. How do i check the version of my gamesalad? Im using an intel core i5 1.88hz processor, 4gb ram, nvidia geforce 740m graphics card.