Release Candidate 0.13.8 Mac ARC with performance improvements

2»

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Issues

• Unable to load a table from anywhere other than the home screen

• Attempting to "-" a rule is successful but the rule doesn't remove from the list.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Submitted:

(Second one submitted twice by mistake - first time it threw up an error so I submitted again but seems it did submit the first time.)

I'm finding lots of interface bugs when working with a large project, but finding it difficult to reproduce them in a smaller demonstration project.

The speed of this build is amazing though. Soon as the Copy Table bug is fixed I'll be using it as my primary version.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Armelline said:
    The speed of this build is amazing though. Soon as the Copy Table bug is fixed I'll be using it as my primary version.

Worthy of replacing 12.20?

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy said:
    Worthy of replacing 12.20?

For me there are too many bugs to use it on my main project (the copy table bug means it's impossible for me to test any changes in my main project as the first thing that happens when the game is loaded is copy tables...)

For smaller projects, this is by far the fastest version of GameSalad I can remember seeing in YEARS. I'll definitely be using it as my go-to for projects until I hit a bug I can't work around.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Lovejoy compared to speed, yes. But there are some major issues with tables.

I´d use this, but when i open my project made with 0.13.7, most of the table rows are empty.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

just fixed 935 and there is a work around if this is effecting you right now.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@BlackCloakGS Is there a bug with reset game and ads.....my last game dont show any and is the first time i use ads with reset game?
    Any eta on 0.14? and any info on how admob will work, like fullscreen and/or banner and so on

@freneticz i don't know of any it there is a bug please file one with us.
    No ETA on 0.14 i still have to get 0.13.8 stabilized , get a window creator 0.13.8 build out , and merge all the ARC changes into 0.14 before we can really focus on 0.14 should be 3 or more weeks before we turn or focus on to 0.14.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    freneticz i don't know of any it there is a bug please file one with us.
    No ETA on 0.14 i still have to get 0.13.8 stabilized , get a window creator 0.13.8 build out , and merge all the ARC changes into 0.14 before we can really focus on 0.14 should be 3 or more weeks before we turn or focus on to 0.14.

Glad the focus is staying on making this build as stable as possible!

Also glad to see the Copy Table bug fixed so swiftly! Can't wait for a build with it in it to be released so I can be working with lightning speed on projects dependent on it!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@Armelline said:
    Also glad to see the Copy Table bug fixed so swiftly! Can't wait for a build with it in it to be released so I can be working with lightning speed on projects dependent on it!

Same here! I use tables in almost every project and I use the Copy Table Behavior almost as much. I can't use this build until the fix is live - can't wait!

Great job, @BlackCloakGS !

ok we have another RC coming your way tonight with all table bugs fixed except 930 and 936

I will work on fixing crashes tomorrow. Keep up the good work finding bug everyone.

So it looks like the build will include the fixes for 930 and 936

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2015

This build is great speed wise! Well done guys :)

Bugs I'm getting are:

If conditions are added to rules within an actor they can not be deleted!, At that time!.

Workaround is:

they can be deleted if you select the condition and press the - symbol to delete it "it will not show as deleted" but you then save, quite GS and reload GS, and it will be ok, sometimes!

Backing out of the actor and going back will will actually crash GS too.