Move to.

2»

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2015

@benjaminmage said:
    . . . you asked for my code which makes me puzzled because it would obviously be your own code isn't it so why are you even asking?

People often make errors when they transcribe code or even make changes to the code to suit their needs (for example you've changed the trigger condition from mouse button down to touch outside). No sooner is the point made than an actual example comes up: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/86012/drag-an-actor-by-touch-anywhere-on-the-scene

I've had situations where someone has said 'your code doesn't work' and when asked to upload a screenshot of the relevant code they upload something that only bears a vague passing resemblance to the code that I (or someone else) has suggested. I don't think it's unreasonable when attempting to resolve an issue to ask to look at the actual code being used, even if it's code you, yourself, have suggested.

@benjaminmage said:
    LOL. Nevertheless i still gave you the code and to my dismay, you replied me with dots. :)

I made a suggestion, on reviewing it I thought it might not actually be useful, so I deleted it, I do it quite often, but you can't actually delete a post here, nor can you edit a post so it's completely blank, it must contain some characters, so I usually just tap two or three dots in as that key is right under my right hand. This is not the first time I've had to explain this, people seem to read some emotional element into typing 3 dots, I haven't got a clue why, but you're not the first person to feel slighted/dismayed/annoyed/suicidal :wink: by seeing a post deleted.

• benjaminmagebenjaminmage Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2015

@hasanain2000 Nope not yet.

@Socks yeap thats why i gave it to you. Oh so thats the reason why! Looks like its a misunderstanding then, apologies :) . Anyway, any idea how i could achieve my goal?

@benjaminmage said:
    Anyway, any idea how i could achieve my goal?

Try this:

@Socks Thanks for your hard work :) but i'm actually using touch. I'm trying to create an application to be uploaded into the app store/play store. I'm doing all these application development using my pc(mouse) because i do not have any phone that i can test with. Sorry if i didn't convey my intentions clearly

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@benjaminmage said:
    Socks Thanks for your hard work :) but i'm actually using touch. I'm trying to create an application to be uploaded into the app store/play store. I'm doing all these application development using my pc(mouse) because i do not have any phone that i can test with. Sorry if i didn't convey my intentions clearly

You can still use touch commands (when touch is pressed, etc.) and be able to test your game in the previewer.

edited May 2015

@benjaminmage said:
    Socks Thanks for your hard work :) but i'm actually using touch.

The above code will work just fine on a mobile (touch) device.

@Socks Tried your new code, didn't work the way i want it to be (goal). I replaced mouse button down with touch is pressed. Actor wouldn't move when i click on the screen. Only moved when i clicked on the actor itself twice then it would jump once.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited May 2015

I replaced mouse button down with touch is pressed.

That's why it didn't work as expected. Don't change his code.

The mouse button up/down event acts as a finger press on mobile devices.

@benjaminmage said:
    Socks Tried your new code, didn't work the way i want it to be (goal).

Works fine for me ? Can you offer anything more than 'didn't work the way i want it to be' ? Could you say what you were expecting it to do and what it did instead ?

@benjaminmage said:
    I replaced mouse button down with touch is pressed. Actor wouldn't move when i click on the screen. Only moved when i clicked on the actor itself twice then it would jump once.

Yep, that's how 'when touch is pressed' works, you need to touch the actor with the touch rule.

@Socks That is because i already showed you a pictorial on what my goals are in page 1 if you had already forgotten. And yeap your code is fine since jamie_c said that the mouse button up/down event acts as a finger press on mobile devices.

edited May 2015

@benjaminmage said:
    And yeap your code is fine since jamie_c said that the mouse button up/down event acts as a finger press on mobile devices.

It was fine even before Jamie said that. :wink: I replied to you two days before Jamie posted saying: "The above code will work just fine on a mobile (touch) device".