Changing GIMP Canvas Shape?

So, I know how to change the canvas shape of gimp to fit my selection. But how do I form the canvas to the shape of lets say a rock with a variety of edges. Problem is that when my actor collides with the transparent area surrounding the rock, it dies.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2015

@FastlaneSuccess said:
    So, I know how to change the canvas shape of gimp to fit my selection. But how do I form the canvas to the shape of lets say a rock with a variety of edges.

Image files are always rectangular.

@FastlaneSuccess said:
    Problem is that when my actor collides with the transparent area surrounding the rock, it dies.

Even if we could make arbitrary shaped image files, like making and saving a circular file using Photoshop, it wouldn't really help as in GameSalad collisions happen with the actor and not the image applied to the actor. If you wanted a more complex shape than a circle or a rectangle then you'd need to build that shape using squares and circles.

• FastlaneSuccessFastlaneSuccess Member Posts: 46

@Socks said:
    Even if we could make arbitrary shaped image files, like making and saving a circular file using Photoshop, it wouldn't really help as in GameSalad collisions happen with the actor and not the image applied to the actor. If you wanted a more complex shape than a circle or a rectangle then you'd need to build that shape using squares and circles.

My artwork is all pixels. Cause it looks like the player dies even though it didn't hit the rock. The shape of the rock I am using is a slanted dome. As you can imagine there is transparent space if on a rectangle canvas. There has got to be a way around this because it wouldn't look right to have all my rocks perfect rectangles

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited May 2015

Game salad only has rectangle and circle collision shapes. You can change that in the actors physics tab. Try changing the collision shape to circle, and see if that works for you.

But as @Socks said, if you need a more complex collision shape, you need to do that manually with multiple invisible actors

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter