Making a giant background problems :P

happygfishhappygfish Member Posts: 60
edited May 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

i have a long horizontal strip i need to put a background on but the piece of art i am using looks reallllly weird when i try to stretch it out the full distance so i decided to make a bunch of small frames so it looks like the background repeats but the problem is that since the strip is so long its going to take probley 5 hours to re size and make them all fit so is thre any way i can fit them and make them fit super fast? thanks

Best Answers

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonPosts: 235
    Accepted Answer

Hi Happygfish,

When it comes to adding any image you'll find that the proportions settings are usually set to fill. so if the size isn't proportionally the same as the original image you will need to change the property that controls the image fit proportionally.

Personally if I'm using a background that can be tiled to reduce size of the game I will create a smaller background and tile over a large area. Each to their own I suppose.

I'm not in my office until later but I'd be happy to send a screen shot in a few hours.

Talk soon,

Jim

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    Accepted Answer

@happygfish said:
    i have a long horizontal strip i need to put a background on but the piece of art i am using looks reallllly weird when i try to stretch it out the full distance so i decided to make a bunch of small frames so it looks like the background repeats but the problem is that since the strip is so long its going to take probley 5 hours to re size and make them all fit so is thre any way i can fit them and make them fit super fast? thanks

Just tile the images.