Shooting at enemies

mewillimewilli Member Posts: 10
edited May 2015 in Community Tutorials

Hello all good people of GameSalad. I'm in need of some help. I'm creating a character that shoots magic at the enemies through a wand and I'm not sure what i should do to make it work . I'm open for suggestions of any kind.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

The character and the wand can be one actor and you can spawn the "magic" actor from inside the main character actor. Inside your magic actor, you can set the linear velocity x or y to a value that you choose to make the actor move.

I'd recommend taking a look at some video tutorials - they should help you learn the basics of GameSalad.

• mewillimewilli Member Posts: 10

Thank you so much !
    :)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited May 2015

Please use descriptive titles for your threads (rather than "I need some help!"). Everyone here needs helps when they post a question but it helps to be able to skim thread titles and see what specifically is being asked.

It also helps if you post in Working with GS (Mac) or Working with GS (PC) since the answer sometimes differs depending on the version of Creator you are using.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User