Windows Creator RC 0.13.4 is available

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

Windows Creator Release Candidate build 0.13.4 is available

It is highly recommended that you uninstall any versions earlier than 0.13.1 of the Windows Creator Nightly before installing the new one.

Features

• Fixed .wav->.ogg sound file auto-conversion.
  • Fixed numeric and string comparisons.
  • Fixed actor instances overriding their prototypes incorrectly.
  • Fixed usernames and passwords not working with non-alphanumeric characters.
  • Fixed projects in paths with non-alphanumeric characters not loading correctly.
  • Auto-updating to newer versions of Windows Creator should work.

Known Issues (in addition to previously listed issues in earlier 0.13 builds)

The fixes for numeric and string comparisons are unfortunately not backwards compatible. If you have a rule with the following conditions, it is highly recommended that you delete the condition and recreate it.

• Numeric expression comparisons: any comparison that uses >, <, >=, <=
  • String expression comparisons: any comparison that uses "begins with", "ends with", "does not contain", "does not begin with", "does not end with", "is not"
  • String attribute comparisons: any comparison that uses "begins with", "ends with", "does not contain", "does not begin with", "does not end with", "is not"

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the build, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this.

Thanks for your help!

Download the the build here:

Get The Build Now

or

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases
Scroll down until you see "Releases for Windows (Offline Setup)"

Comments

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

@stevej Great work, the update took me by surprise, the program itself notified me while I was in the middle of restarting the program.

• yuttuy3yuttuy3 Member, PRO Posts: 17

Downloaded en tested in 13.4.
    The rules using tablecellvalues are being ignored.
    Even a simple 'display text' actor to display the value of a tablecell would not work.

I think the majority of us are using tables to store highscores and such data.
    Please fix this a.s.a.p.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@yuttuy3 said:
    Downloaded en tested in 13.4.
    The rules using tablecellvalues are being ignored.
    Even a simple 'display text' actor to display the value of a tablecell would not work.

I think the majority of us are using tables to store highscores and such data.
    Please fix this a.s.a.p.

I just tested a simple display text using the tableCellValue function (both with integer row/columns and named ones) and it worked fine. Please submit a bug to bugs.gamesalad.com and attach a project that's showing bad results.

• clmhclmh Member, PRO Posts: 24

Hi, just tested 13.4 and I still can't refresh the scene or change scene in the native preview (working under Windows 7 64bits). Is it normal ?

@clmh said:
    Hi, just tested 13.4 and I still can't refresh the scene or change scene in the native preview (working under Windows 7 64bits). Is it normal ?

Change scene appears to be working correctly. Please submit a bug report to bugs.gamesalad.com and attach an example project that isn't working.

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476
    edited May 2015

@stevej Bug number 999 is on file.

Also (different issue)...
    0.13.4 wants to upgrade to 0.13.3?

@Summation said:
    stevej Bug number 999 is on file.

Also (different issue)...
    0.13.4 wants to upgrade to 0.13.3?

Huh. That's not supposed to happen.

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476
    edited May 2015

@stevej said:
    Huh. That's not supposed to happen.

It may be the same reason that 0.13.4 can't open its own projects once they're exported?

• Head Trip StudiosHead Trip Studios Member Posts: 9

@stevej Hello, does this release candidate support advertising for Windows Creator?

@Head Trip Studios said:
    stevej Hello, does this release candidate support advertising for Windows Creator?

Yes, it supports the same banner and interstitial ad services as Mac Creator 0.13.

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

Should installing 13.4 cause me bugs on the stable build? I created two scenes first one was the start menu with animated logo and play button. Second is the game with a player actor, the actor animate to respond to device input. Any ideas?

An issue that appeared after this build.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited May 2015

@JimmyMesser Do you mean that in preview, somethings don't work as they should?

It might be my imagination, but it kind of looked like somethings would randomly stop functioning during preview, like directional input, but if exported to say html5 arcade, everything works just fine. Sometimes I have to restart preview for it to work again. It might just be a preview issue and nothing wrong with the behavior codes that I've seen{I only use the html5 preview, haven't tested native preview yet}.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

do you have a sample project we can look at?

ill send something when I get back home I tested my code on my Mac In The office and everything worked fine

@JimmyMesser what do you mean by device input?

Mouse

Constrain attribute self.position.y, game.Mouse.position.y

is the code for the actor... am I doing something wrong?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@JimmyMesser said:

is the code for the actor... am I doing something wrong?

Two constrains doing the same thing ?

I think it's best to upload a screenshot of your rule.

lol i was typing on a mobile. the other is x

edited May 2015

The official specs for running native preview in window creator are as follows.
    A video card with 256MB of VRAM which supports OpenGL 2.0 or greater.
    You can use this program to check to see if you video card meets the min specs.

You can still use it though right? Just can't run native preview? I'll have a new computer before it becomes an issue.

@Socks said:
    I think it's best to upload a screenshot of your rule.

It turns out to be a software bug.

@JimmyMesser said:
    You can still use it though right? Just can't run native preview? I'll have a new computer before it becomes an issue.

Yes. You can also preview using the GameSalad Viewer on a mobile device, or use the web previewer, although the web previewer is slower than the native previewer.

I'll just have so wait i guess!

@stevej I just downloaded the 13.4 stable build but am running into some problems. I have dozens of Game Salad templates for Deep Blue Apps but when I click the play button in Game Salad to test the game the screen is black. I heard the sounds of the game but the screen is black with no game playing. Has anyone experienced this before?

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Sounds suspiciously like a known issue with Nvidia chipsets -- what's your graphics card?

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

@dgackey said:
    Sounds suspiciously like a known issue with Nvidia chipsets -- what's your graphics card?

Could you list which card have issues please, so I can avoid buying a new laptop with those cards

@dgackey I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@JimmyMesser

The current known issue with Windows native preview affects all Nvidia chipsets, to my knowledge -- I don't have any list more specific than that.

With that said, we're working on the issue, so I don't expect that this will be a long-term problem.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com